android
Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Post wanted: compact smartphone with expandable memory

I am about to lose my company-provided Blackberry Curve 9300 and am trying to figure out what to spend my own cash on. Another BB, Windows, Android, etc...

I'd really like a good multimedia phone, video and music, but especially music. it must have expandable memory although I suppose a 64GB phone would be acceptable. (Not large enough for all of my music, but hey...)

I like to carry my phone while I run, to easily control the music and pause/unpause the GPS tracker. (And read texts/emails, sad to say...) My Curve is perfect for this: 3.7 oz and dimensions are 4.29x2.36x.55", fits comfortably in my hand. The Galaxy III probably won't work for this.

I am trying to imagine a touch-only interface. This does not fill me with joy. Besides the physical keyboard, the Curve also has physical buttons for prev/next/play/pause and volume up/down, so I can control the music without looking at the device, it is very easy. But I recognize everything is going to touch...

Phone calls I don't care about, nor the carrier although AT&T would be more convenient.

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]