android
Old 05-23-2012, 03:58 PM

Default updating database freezes

I've been looking about the internet trying to find a solution. For as common as this solution is, it seems like there are no resolves.

Can someone please help me? i just bought a used cowon x7 recently from amazon and have heard many great things about it. But if i can't even get past the "updating database" screen then how am i supposed to partake in these "many great things" i've read so much about.

Will someone please help me? Firmware is 2.07. I have both a mac (which is where all my music is on) and a windows computer. Neither of them are recognizing the player.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-24-2012, 04:13 AM

Try the rest button then connecting to computer (pc or mac is the same, I use mac) format x7 flash partition and be sure after formatting it will have te same label of before (x7 flash, mac doesen't change it). Put inside the flash partition the 3 decompressed firmware files of 2.09 firm ( http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=69151? ) disconnect it and power it on. it will reinstall the new firm and everything should go. Let us know!

Old 06-18-2012, 05:47 PM

I'm having the same issue, but since it cant finish initializing, my computer wont recognize it

Old 06-25-2012, 05:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm having the same issue.

I've already sent one back, which had the same issue, and now on my second and looking for a reason not to send it back too.

I wish I could just access the hard drive to fix the problem, but its becoming frustrating as all hell.

I think the problem lies with files that cant be recognised by the player but can't be sure without experimenting.

This whole experience has been really disappointing/frustrating and makes it hard to avoid the ipod...

Old 06-25-2012, 07:18 AM

Have you tried resetting the player?. Might sound simple but often the simplest things work. The reset button is under the flap where you connect the USB cable. A tiny hole...needs a paper clip.

Old 06-25-2012, 08:58 AM

Yeh, plenty of times. Im in the process of doing it non-stop to see if I can fluke it to coming on. At the moment, Im going to send it back and just be done with it. Cowon seem to be ignoring all attempts of support Amazon have a good return policy and I will look for another option for a large capacity player.

Might need to buy an ipod :S

Old 06-25-2012, 09:11 AM

The X7 is a fantastic player....if it works. Just get it replaced. Amazon are brilliant with that sort of thing.

Old 05-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerjen_c View Post
I've been looking about the internet trying to find a solution. For as common as this solution is, it seems like there are no resolves.

Can someone please help me? i just bought a used cowon x7 recently from amazon and have heard many great things about it. But if i can't even get past the "updating database" screen then how am i supposed to partake in these "many great things" i've read so much about.

Will someone please help me? Firmware is 2.07. I have both a mac (which is where all my music is on) and a windows computer. Neither of them are recognizing the player.
already got repair your X7? still have them?

Old 05-18-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletontears View Post
I'm having the same issue, but since it cant finish initializing, my computer wont recognize it
already got repair your X7? still have them?