android
Old 05-09-2012, 04:50 PM

Default buying headphones in usa

where to buy headphones in Detroit USA and what can you tell me about buying from amazon. Is this good way to buy or i should find and go directly to music store?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I always buy from Amazon. But, if there's a store to try stuff out locally, I'd say go for it. Do a google search, see what comes up in the area your in. Then, test some headphones and check pricing on Amazon. If the store will price match buy from them. If not, order from Amazon.

Best part, Amazon gives you 30 days to return them. Most local stores give less time.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kefalo View Post
where to buy headphones in Detroit USA and what can you tell me about buying from amazon. Is this good way to buy or i should find and go directly to music store?
Depends. Are you a Detroit native, or are you just skipping into town for a short period of time from somewhere else? The last trip I took, I should have just ordered everything from their amazon equivalent, and kicked back when I was there, instead of running around trying to find things in stock.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I buy from amazon a good bit, no issues. take a look at it and be sure you know where your stuff is coming from though. a lot of people can resell through amazon. local prices are usually higher but you can before you buy sometimes and you get to take it home with you right away.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:10 PM

Amazon has been 100% in my dealings with them. Headphones can be a bit like shoes, in that they are not one size fits all.

If a brick and mortar store has a large selection of gadgets that I am interested in on display and I use their display items for the purpose of making my decision I will more often than not buy from them. That goes double if I use their customer support staff for advice. Use it or lose it I say.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:16 PM

I am not from USA. headphones are going to Serbia after buying and i am curious is amazon good seller or not. i have no chance to try them before they shipped to serbia

Old 05-09-2012, 05:24 PM

Amazon is not one single seller, amazon itself sells some items (in that case the seller is amazon, or some variation of the name) , but there are also many different sellers on there. As far as I know amazon keeps a pretty close watch on who is allowed to sell on the site and will intervene if customers are getting ripped off. Still there will be some good sellers and bad ones in the mix. Check the buyer feedback the seller has received. If they are above 90 % for more than 10 000 purchases you should be fine.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Whenever buying from Amazon look for the words "Fulfillment By Amazon" when using another seller. The guarantees getting a first quality item. And they back what they sell 100%. I nowadays make about 95% of my purchases from them. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:40 PM

I myself purchase from B and H. On-point customer service.
No affiliation.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I've been to B&H,...nice store. I got to test quite a few cans out. Then I purchased from Amazon. The pricing tends to be quite high @B&H.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
I've been to B&H,...nice store. I got to test quite a few cans out. Then I purchased from Amazon. The pricing tends to be quite high @B&H.
Guess that's cause you guys have quite a market for audio gear. Not Canada. Grabbing phones from B&H then importing to Canada is almost always a lot cheaper than buying local. But I wouldn't doubt that there are much better prices in the US.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sold by amazon or fulfilled by amazon and you are safe. B&H is safe but the regular prices are a little higher. sales from B&H can be good though.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Banned

I agree with the "sold or fulfilled by Amazon" requisite. . If you do that, you know Amazon will give you a tracking number and you can get decent shipping. I order enough stuff through them, that it was worth it to get Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, but I pay $80/yr for that).

I've only had a few things over the years that didn't arrive when I ordered them (out of literally hundreds of orders)... I complained, Amazon reshipped.

When I ordered my Cowon J3, it arrived the next day.