android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 06-03-2007, 05:24 PM

Well, at least "ultimate" for me, as far as I can say.

If you like the warm, fun Vibes or Super.Fi sound, the Atrios are certainly the next best thing... a real step up, IMO. If you like the cold, analytic Shure or Etymotic sound better, the Atrios might not be your thing.

I bought them from Handheldaudio UK... finally a decent IEM that's available inside the EU. It was about time...

You also could get them on eBay from Road Dog - they're priced $159, but if you offer $130, they will accept.

I posted some photos of the Atrios here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...5&postcount=81

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-03-2007, 10:23 PM

You have convinced me. Just ordered a pair

Will sell the Shure E3c's to offset.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:43 AM

Heh, read your post over at Head-Fi... "bassturds".
Yeah, the Atrios have what the Shure E3's are missing in the lower frequencies, IMO.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Heh, read your post over at Head-Fi... "bassturds".
Yeah, the Atrios have what the Shure E3's are missing in the lower frequencies, IMO.
Yep, that's what I am hoping for.
I like warmer.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM

Ok, here's the Future Sonics Atrio M5/M8 review: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-m8-review.php

This thing rocks so much, it's not even funny anymore.

Old 06-22-2007, 03:15 AM

which one is better?

Sony MDR-EX51LP Fontopia or Creative EP-630? I have Creative right now. It's okay, but the cord is annoying.

Old 06-22-2007, 06:12 AM

EP-630 is better... well, anything is better than the EX51/71. That's why they're not in the list at the beginning of this thread.

Old 06-25-2007, 07:59 AM

Added the two Denons, AH-C350 and AH-C700...

Old 06-26-2007, 05:13 AM

Just received the crossroads! They are really nice, clear sounding, balanced, and very cheap headphones. People really should consider these over CX 300 or the EP 630s. Its like night and day. Would you consider doing a review of these dfkt? I really enjoyed the Vibes review, and was considering them but the free postage at jaben won me over.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

where did you get the crossroads x3s?
ive been googling for a place to buy them but i can only find reviews.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:45 PM

http://www.jaben.net/shopping.html - free shipping worldwide, packet marked "earbuds, value: $5" - so you're not going to pay any custom/duty/taxes.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:57 PM

ahh those are the phones ive been craving!! lol. how many times better than the EP-630's would you say they sound? 10x?

Old 07-06-2007, 03:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Well, at least "ultimate" for me, as far as I can say.

If you like the warm, fun Vibes or Super.Fi sound, the Atrios are certainly the next best thing... a real step up, IMO. If you like the cold, analytic Shure or Etymotic sound better, the Atrios might not be your thing.

I bought them from Handheldaudio UK... finally a decent IEM that's available inside the EU. It was about time...

You also could get them on eBay from Road Dog - they're priced $159, but if you offer $130, they will accept.

I posted some photos of the Atrios here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...5&postcount=81
Thanks a lot for the info, dfkt. I'll buy a pair in the next months. I'll not do it right now since Road Dog doesn't mark packages as gifts (too bad; I'll end up paying $260 for them because of custom duties). For now, I'm going to order the MylarOne X3s and compare them to my beloved ATH-CK7s...

Old 07-06-2007, 03:22 PM

Yeah, I was disappointed by Road Dog, too... who cares for these strict policies? However that was just a test - I bought mine from Handheldaudio, inside the EU, so no customs crap applied.

EDIT: Oh you're talking about the Mylar X3's... the post you quoted was about the Future Sonic Atrios...

Old 07-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Yeah, I was disappointed by Road Dog, too... who cares for these strict policies? However that was just a test - I bought mine from Handheldaudio, inside the EU, so no customs crap applied.

EDIT: Oh you're talking about the Mylar X3's... the post you quoted was about the Future Sonic Atrios...
No, I was actually talking about the Sonic Atrios... I'm going to buy the X3s in the meanwhile...

Old 07-06-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyg View Post
ahh those are the phones ive been craving!! lol. how many times better than the EP-630's would you say they sound? 10x?
Difficult to use such quantitative measurements... I don't own the EP-630, but the (better but similar) CX300 - the X3's are a lot more musical, better resolution, better soundstage, better mids and treble in general - there is no comparison between the two. The EP/CX have more bass, but that's about it.

Old 07-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

thanks for the link dfkt

Old 07-06-2007, 05:15 PM

I am hoping you guys can help me here... I want to get a decent set of IEMs and was thinking of the Creative or V-Moda Vibes ones. But my big issue seems to be the cable. Several units I have tried the cable starts fraying quickly (perhaps it is to do with them getting tangled up too frequently). I have some studio cans and have had them for years (probably about 20) and they still perform good, with no issues with the cable but of course it is extremely heavy duty. So what IEMs have a lasting cable that are pretty good sound wise? TIA.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 and Triple.Fi 10 have user replaceable cables: https://www.ultimateears.com/_ultima.../universal.php

Both the Creative/Sennheiser and V-Moda Vibe have pretty bad cables - Vibe has good cables, actually - microphonics-wise, but the plugs are crappy. Too sharp, they cut through the cables for some people.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 PM

hmm, imo the EP-630's really lack bass. i think the CX are the ones with the bass. so i would be pretty dissapointed if the bass is lacking.

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone