android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 03-22-2007, 01:34 PM

The Bass Freq. aren't that deep canal buds. They're about average I'd say. Only single flanged so it shouldn't be that bad... maybe you're just not used to using canal phones and needing to insert them into your ear, not just hang them there.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-04-2007, 11:44 AM

Well I bought the V-Moda Vibes about a week ago...
I hooked them up to my home audio amp and let them play for 12 hours before I listened to them...because I remember when I got my Creative EP-630's I hated the sound and just used them on my PC and after 6 months I realized I liked them..of course this was after they broke in..
But now the Vibes have about 50 hours on them.

I really like the look of the Vibes...they don't look all that sturdy especially where the cable go's into the iem, but I'm really gentle with my equipment and I'm always aware of how there being treated.

The sound honestly I was expecting more...they actually have the same type of sound as my Creative EP-630's...kinda like the same signature... the way you can hear the difference between the 2 is to listen to each individual instrument...
I'm happy with the Vibes and I'm keeping them...I actuallly use them at the gym...my Shure E500's cable is so thick and bulky and heavy and that's a pain at the gym. And the Vibes are prettier than the EP-630's.

Last edited by Cowon#1; 04-04-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Make sure you try the heat shrink mod so they dont fray around the ends.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
I agree, it is always best to get your local Psychiatrist to sit in a sauna wearing cotton y fronts..............
You went off topic in dfkt's beloved headphone thread. He's gonna be furious!!

Old 04-04-2007, 04:56 PM

Stickies somehow really should stay on-topic...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:25 PM

Has anyone used the UE triple.fi 10 Pro?...and how does it sound compared to the UE super fi 5 pro and the Shure E500?

Old 05-02-2007, 02:35 PM

I haven't tried them, but to be honest, I'm not very much interested in the Triple.Fi's. According to Headroom's graph builder they isolate less than the Super.Fi's, and they're quite rolled-off in the bass regions. Even if they're more accurate and revealing, I'm quite sure I wouldn't like what I would hear.

Here's the comparison, TF10 vs. SF5 vs. E500:

Frequency response: http://www.headphone.com/technical/p...are+Headphones

Isolation: http://www.headphone.com/technical/p...are+Headphones

Old 05-02-2007, 11:41 PM

Thanks dfkt, but I think Headroom might be talking about this one:
http://www.headphone.com/products/he...-ue-10-pro.php

But I'm talking about this one:
http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...ueMetallic.htm

Not sure about the roll off but I think the isolation would be the same as the super fi 5.???
I liked the super fi 5 pro's but I wonder if these 10 pro's sound better...

Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 AM

Nope, the graphs I posted are definitely for the UE Triple.Fi 10, not the custom build UE 10 Pro. Headroom has no graph data for custom IEMs.

The Triple.Fi are built after the specs of the UE 10 Pro, however. (Like the Super.Fi 5 EB, they're build with the same drivers as the UE-Hybrid. Dunno what's the custom build equivalent of the Super.Fi 5 Pro, probably the UE 5 Pro.)

Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 PM

Ok dfkt...

I was hoping I'd find a IEM that sounded better than my E500's...

One's that add more life to the music than the E500's but with less coloration than the Super.Fi 5 Pro...something kinda in between...lol...not sure if it exist..

If anyone has tried the below IEM's please let me know..

http://www.ultimateears.com/superfi/...ueMetallic.htm

Old 05-04-2007, 05:02 AM

Hmmm... why not jump for the UE10 right away? It shouldn't get much better than that.

You can try them before custom molds are made. UE lends you a "universal fit" kit to try the UE10's before you buy.

However, I heard a lot of good things about the (slightly) cheaper ACS T2 (aka Sensaphonic). Some guys over at Head-Fi swear by them.

For non-custom IEMs, the Westone UM2 (or the new Westone 3) should be very good, too.

Here's some threads about the Triple.Fi:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...ight=triple.fi

Old 05-04-2007, 10:51 PM

Thanks dfkt...after reading about the triple fi I think I'll stick with the E500's....some said the mids (vocals) on the triples are slightly recessed and that's something I don't like...
So thanks for the links you saved me 400 bucks..

Old 05-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Added Crossroads Mylarone - Mylarthree to the list.. the new FOTM IEMs... should be pretty nice for the price. I'd sure like to try some.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Banned

Would it be much of an upgrade if I switched from my JVC Gumys, to JVC Marshmellows?

Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Added Crossroads Mylarone - Mylarthree to the list.. the new FOTM IEMs... should be pretty nice for the price. I'd sure like to try some.

these are on my list, after i get an amp

Old 05-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Added Futuresonics Atrio to the list. They might be in the upper Shure/UE league, according to some people - they cost a lot less than the Shures/UEs, however (~$150).

Here's a review on Head-Fi.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driguez View Post
these are on my list, after i get an amp
Got them today... they're worth it. Well, they cost almost nothing, and they're worth a lot.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:31 AM

When, oh when will the Westone 3's finally come out?

Old 06-03-2007, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Added Futuresonics Atrio to the list. They might be in the upper Shure/UE league, according to some people - they cost a lot less than the Shures/UEs, however (~$150).

Here's a review on Head-Fi.

Got them yesterday. These are the IEMs I always dreamed of. I never heard anything like the Atrios before. All the bass of the Super.Fi EB, the clarity of the MylarOnes, almost the soundstage of the V-Moda Vibes, and the isolation of the Etymotics. And they're fun to listen to. I'm a very happy camper. Who needs some overly analytic triple-armature IEMs, when a single dynamic driver underdog totally kicks their bee-hinds, fun-wise, that is. Now I can die happy.

Old 06-03-2007, 12:10 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Question

Hello, dfkt. Where did you bought them? It sounds like they're "the ultimate IEMs"...

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone