android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 AM

Default Meelectronics AI-M9s

I just bought a set of these based on some reviews over at Head Fi. Got them from Overstock.com for around $18 plus $3 shipping. Anyone here have experience with these? Are they any good?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-19-2009, 11:36 PM

Hey my bose in ear headphones jsut broke so im in the market for new ones. Here is what i need. Superb SQ, better than bose, casue they were dece... Comfort!!! i use them alot so i dont need things with a hard plastic edge, the bose were heavan for my ears!! Also im in Canada, so i need somthing that i can actually purchase....LOL...and length of cord a good lents, for regual in pocket use (im tall...) and my price range is max 120 CAD.

Heres what ive seen for some phones : V-moda vibes, Panasonic RP-HC55, and how about Kipslich?

Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 PM

I also need durable!! please

Old 08-20-2009, 04:30 PM

I don't have much experience with IEM's, but I'm also from Canada and if you're anywhere near Toronto I would suggest going to Baybloor Radio. They have lots of UE's and Shure's that you can test out. The only one's I've heard are Shure SE210's and UE triple fi's. UE's are out of you range at $399 CAD, but shure SE115 are $120 CAD. Personally I found the shure's to be comfortable but I didn't like have to spend so much time to get the proper fit. Some lower end shure's can also be found at Futureshop, but you can't test them

Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 PM

ah yeah im on the west side but i found out that i can find Klipsch s4's at london drugs.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:59 PM

That's too bad 'cause it's a great store, they have a wall of headphones. How much are the S4's? I'm not very familiar with their IEM's.

And IEM's at London Drugs...makes sense to me!

Old 08-20-2009, 11:30 PM

Well i called Londond Drugs, they didnt have ne s4's in and iono if they actually sell thoose ones in Canada, but he said he can speacial order it for me. But int he states the s4 cost 79.99$ and ALL the review say the SQ compares or beats the 400-500$ counterparts. It has amazing reviews!! Hopefully i can actually get them here in CAD

Old 08-21-2009, 03:47 PM

Well if he can that would be good and at $79.99 that's now bad. Best of luck, I would love to know your opinion of them if you do get them or whatever else you may choose.

Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 PM

for sure man, btw do you know of any others i could possible get? i want superiour sound and comfort, but not costly

Old 08-21-2009, 07:52 PM

I'm not that familiar with many but there some sennheiser ones, CX300II ($109.99 CAD), CX400 ($119.95) and CX500 ($129.99CAD). Not sure how they are but I think I've good things. And there some positive reviews of the Monster Turbines on here but they might be to much at $149.99. All prices are from futureshop, I think the senns are good but I'm not sure.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...onster+turbine

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...onster+turbine

Old 09-09-2009, 10:32 PM

has anyone heard of the Fidelity custom earphones T1 (formally called the Livewires T1) apparently their really cheap for customs and it has earned good reviews over the net.. Could someone pls confirm if these are great IEM's... Cause these would be my next IEM if my current one breaks...

http://www.fidelitycustomearphones.com/

Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 AM

Jjrosaria, this 250-page thread should cover everything you want to (or don't want to) know about the Livewires: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/l...reamin-259853/

Seems they've gotten too popular recently, the waiting times are very long, and customer service suffered as well.

Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Jjrosaria, this 250-page thread should cover everything you want to (or don't want to) know about the Livewires: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/l...reamin-259853/

Seems they've gotten too popular recently, the waiting times are very long, and customer service suffered as well.
Thanks dfkt.. I was curious since its soo cheap for a custom monitor

Old 11-05-2009, 09:01 AM

Default You can try 'em out in some shops here.

Interesting. Where I live (Seoul) you can wander into a headphones shop and try all the IEMs. I listened to about 12 different ones last weekend. Just scrape off the earwax with your thumb, jam them in your ears, and Bob's your uncle.

Some of the shops have the IEMs already hooked up to some music, at others you have to plug them into your MP3 player.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newzild View Post
Interesting. Where I live (Seoul) you can wander into a headphones shop and try all the IEMs. I listened to about 12 different ones last weekend. Just scrape off the earwax with your thumb, jam them in your ears, and Bob's your uncle. ...
Do yourself a favor and buy some of your own tips for testing before you catch some nasty ear infection, you might also want to carry some antiseptic wipes with you too.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-05-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy some of your own tips for testing before you catch some nasty ear infection, you might also want to carry some antiseptic wipes with you too.
True.. Thats a bit disgusting here in NZ some stores ask me to pay a small price when I want new tips when I try their IEMs - I pay it because Im a hygenic person...

IMO the price is nothing when it comes to hygiene

Old 11-08-2009, 10:58 PM

It doesn't worry me too much because my ears are filthy and disgusting to start with.

You can try earphones in NZ? I'm actually a New Zealander. I've never had the opportunity to try IEMs in NZ.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newzild View Post
It doesn't worry me too much because my ears are filthy and disgusting to start with.

You can try earphones in NZ? I'm actually a New Zealander. I've never had the opportunity to try IEMs in NZ.
Yes. some stores allow me to try their phones and iem's the thing I'm telling you that you pay small amount is some random (good though) Hi-Fi store in downtown auckland.. (funny how I never really remember the name lol ) Its close now though which is a pitty. But yes most good hi fi stores lets you try their headphones (atleast when they have a demo unit)

Old 01-29-2010, 04:26 PM

To people owning the Sleek Audio SA6, Sennheiser IE8, and Phonak PFE(I know DFKT has these but maybe more people have to get more answers ) Could you answer these questions:

How is the isolation comparing these to each other?
How are the trebles and mids of these?
Which is the best overall headphone?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:38 PM

I don't own the SA6, but - coincidence! - I've tested them a few days ago, for the first time. I'm extremely disappointed by them, sound- and build quality-wise. How they could achieve that level of hype is beyond me.

Even with the bass+ and treble+ filters they sound anemic and lifeless like Ety ER-6. "Boring" is the only word that accurately describes their sound for me. There are neutral phones with not much bass that do sound good (PFE, q-Jays, etc) - but the SA6 is not one of them. The PFE and Jays do have sparkling treble, the Sleek lack treble, even with the treble+ port.

Build is simply cheap and shabby. You got your tacky chrome-painted flimsy plastic that makes them look like some $2 Dealextreme phone, there's crude injection mold marks everywhere, your got your wobbly plugs and sub-par cable... ouch. They're not for me.

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone