Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 08-07-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgilmore23 View Post
are the creative zen aurvana in ears any good
No.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-08-2008, 10:40 PM

Atrio M5 good upgrade from kramer modded marshmallows? Is the difference in sound quality noticeable? Sound good with the A816? Bassy?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poophead View Post
Atrio M5 good upgrade from kramer modded marshmallows? Is the difference in sound quality noticeable? Sound good with the A816? Bassy?
I don’t own either one and I’d say it’s safe to say – yes, yes and yes

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
The difference should be night and day. Yes, the Atrios are very bassy, but of much higher quality than any cheaper IEM I know.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:39 AM

How do the UM1's and the Q-Jays compare to the M5's? Also would you recommend the Sleek Audio SA6 over the Atrio's? Cause they're cheaper now.

Old 08-09-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
How do the UM1's and the Q-Jays compare to the M5's? Also would you recommend the Sleek Audio SA6 over the Atrio's? Cause they're cheaper now.
If you don’t mind tuning your earphones with their treble & bass tuning ports, I’d go for the Sleek Audio SA6, they’re very innovative and I really enjoyed listening to them. A well balanced earphone from highs to lows, no earth shattering bass, but a well balanced phone that’s non-fatiguing.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 AM

ATH-CK6-in-ear phone wiith 3 different loop styles and a aluminimum housing.

Not available in the United States-so if you live there, you may have to import these, unlike the more widely available ATH-CK5/ATH-CK7/ATH-CK9.

My review of ATH-CK6

Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 AM

now i dont know what to do...

i've seen the shure e2c and the klipsch custom-1.
both are quite interesting for me, but what about the sound?
right now i'm using sennheiser pmx100, which are open-design neckband-headphones.

i dont want to spend around 100 euros for the IE-phones and notice that they dont sound good...

which one should i go with? (my music: metal, electronic. so a nice bass is important)

Old 10-16-2008, 08:52 AM

Our Ultimate Ears UE 11 Pro review is out!

Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 PM

Wow, that's uh, pricey.

Do you really thing that the cx300s are pricey and what other headphones in that price range are comparable if any?

Thanks

Old 11-19-2008, 01:07 PM

Our Phonak Audéo PFE Review is out - they made Editor's Choice, by the way. Enjoy.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:34 AM

dfkt, I would really appreciate your advise. I've read through the threads and had a look at your best IEM list and was wondering if you (or any other audiophile)would point me in the right direction. I listen to alot of gospel/(gospel)jazz music, so the best headphones for me, would be something that is able to deliver a good tonal range, so that I can feel that Godly presence pumping into my ears, as well as providing a good acoustic audio that can bring out the sound of those timbales and trumpets a la Cotton Club, if you catch my drift!!. I was thinking of the cx400, se110/210 and custom-1 as entry levels. Any heads up?

Last edited by assimilator; 12-13-2008 at 03:15 AM. Reason: b

Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 AM

I'm interested in getting a good pair of IEMs... Sad thing though is I live in a country where my biggest problem is availability of headphones (and products in general). Buying online would be hard also due to high shipping costs and crappy customs

Many of those earphones listed I've never even seen in stores around here.
So far, I've found three possible choices.
1. Senheiser CX300 (Pretty good reviews, so far)
2. Creative EP-630 (Also good, and cheaper than the Senheisers)
3. Philips SHE 9800 (I can't really find any info on these. Got any idea as to how these perform?)

Most of my music is techno/electronica, so bass is my top priority here

Also, how do the Creative EP-830s (The X-Fi stock earbuds) rate compared to these? I might just get an X-Fi instead of getting the earphones separate

Thanks in advance for the help

Old 12-06-2008, 02:09 PM

I've read the UE Super.fi 5 review and altho they're a little too expensive for
my taste, there's a good deal on the 4's here in Canada right now.

Would these have similar characteristics, ie bass response, clarity, definition, etc.?

Old 12-06-2008, 09:18 PM

I bought a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4 from Future Shop today for $79.99 (save $50). Which is a great deal, because 'phones are usually 2-3 times the normal cost in Canada.

Old 12-07-2008, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles View Post
I bought a pair of Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4 from Future Shop today for $79.99 (save $50). Which is a great deal, because 'phones are usually 2-3 times the normal cost in Canada.
Yep, thats the deal Im talkin about....well? How do they sound? and compared to what?

Old 12-13-2008, 08:45 AM

I have a pair of senn. px100. I put the super fi 4 in right after wearing the px100, and instantly noticed that they sounded a bit clearer. They sound great, but I don't have anything much to compare them with.

Old 12-13-2008, 10:29 AM

Well I bought a pair of UE's as well....yes, they sound very good. Maybe not as good as my over-the-ear Sennheisers but I'm very happy with them.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 PM

hello everyone, in the list of preferences could be the Nuforce NE-7m or NE-8?

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/r...n-c700-383617/

Old 01-16-2009, 01:58 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Have been looking high and low for a new IEM, ever sich all hope was lost of finding a pair of Westone 3's in bangkok, which I was origionaly offerd at a price of arround 350usd (after tax refund). Unfortunatly the stores manager said they only got a limited supply of what they were suposed to get and didn't have mine anymore... Oh well, I still had a sennheiser, grado, denon, shure, klipsch, phillips, sony, pioneer retailer to visit, yet only a day and a half to listen to alternative iems...

Long story short (my n810 isn' too great with writing llong stories ) I was most impressed with a set of Klipsch Image X10's. The way they insert effortlessly, sound, and the way they just dont feel like your wearing earphones/IEM's on top of all this there isolation is almost rivaling my im716's! I was even offerd them at a nice price, 250usd before tax reduction (which i'd have to wait for, and yes i know they were being sold for 175 at some point, but that is neitherr here nor now :P)

Anyway, got about a day left before my return flight to Finland, so i'll get to test them fairly well...

Tags
earphone, iem, in-ear phone