android
Old 04-16-2015, 12:51 PM

Default Best Earphones Under £50

Just looking for some reasonably priced earphones, suggestions appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-16-2015, 02:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

By earphones I assume you mean IEMs? If so I can recommend the Soundmagic E10's. The Yamaha's EPH-100's are also excellent (better than the E10's imo) but are sensitive to hiss, so depending upon what yer connecting them to the hiss will vary.

Old 04-16-2015, 02:48 PM

It will be a sansa clip sport! Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Have you got the Sansa Clip Sport already? I did an extensive review on one, the Clip Zip or Clip+ is much better.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:22 PM

No but I have ordered it, I liked the extra battery life. What was better and the clip zip etc? I'll try find your review now.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Clip Sport has firmware and hardware limitations, including: a 2000-file limit in each memory storage location, for the database; no genre database category; no auto-sorting for the folder view (files are listing in chron. order--to "get around" this, you can run file ordering software against the contents, when you want the contents in alpha. order); file naming length limitations; no current ability to run the alternate Rockbox firmware; a more plastic-y, cheaper feel; no ability to play DRM'ed files, such as Audible, Rhapsody, and some library files.

The earlier Clips don't have these issues, and you might prefer them . . . .

Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
...no auto-sorting for the folder view (files are listing in chron. order--to "get around" this, you can run file ordering software against the contents, when you want the contents in alpha. order)...
Just curious, Mikerman...Since I like to be aware of useful utilities, do you know what specific file ordering software one would use to overcome the player's default chronological ordering?

Old 04-23-2015, 07:11 AM

Any other earphone suggestions?

Old 04-23-2015, 08:54 AM

Honestly if you don't need a lot of noise isolation, the Apple earpods are pretty dang good. Note that I'm talking about the ones that started becoming standard with the iphone 5, not the awful circular ones from before.

Old 04-24-2015, 07:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post
Just curious, Mikerman...Since I like to be aware of useful utilities, do you know what specific file ordering software one would use to overcome the player's default chronological ordering?
I believe that a freeware called FAT Sorter can be used, to reorganize the files in alpha.--as versus chron.--order. But it needs to be run each time you want to put the files in order--it's not an "always-on-and-working" software.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you want isolation or not? What is more important to you, very strong bass impact, or midrange detail? What types of music do you listen to mostly?

Old 04-27-2015, 01:15 PM

I would be remiss in my recommending duties if I forgot to add the Phonak PFE 012 and 022. The have the same drivers as the more expensive PFE 122/132, but come with fewer accessories. The 022 has a line-in mic and the 012 just has the basic cable. They are still available at 60% on the Earphone Solutions website (coupon code AU50) which brings the grand total to just under $40. They have free US shipping, and the ship overseas too (but not free obviously).
These are a great deal for $40.