android
Old 06-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If this phone hits the.market with large capacities I will be getting one. A wolfson dac, sdxc support and large onboard capacity is a win for my purposes. I have seen reports of 32gb versions and a few mention 64gb. Add in a 64gb card to approach or exceed 100gb and I am set for a while.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If this hits with 64gb on board I'm gonna freak out. Really,..WTF??? This turned out better than I expected.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDvsEGO View Post
If this phone hits the.market with large capacities I will be getting one. A wolfson dac, sdxc support and large onboard capacity is a win for my purposes. I have seen reports of 32gb versions and a few mention 64gb. Add in a 64gb card to approach or exceed 100gb and I am set for a while.
Samsung themselves said in their lunch on May 3rd that there will be a 64 gb variant. However, there are only 16 and 32 GB version only available for now. From the Canadian prices the 32 GB version is $50 more instead of $100 more than the 16gb variant ( 16gb $150 contract, $599 no contract and the 32gb version $199 contract, $650 off contract). So quite probably the 64 gb version will be less than $100 more than than 16GB version compared to a fruity company charging $200 more for the 64gb of on board storage over 16gb. What Samsung is charging is almost reasonable as 64gb microSDXC cards go for roughly $70 in the States these days. Hack, I might get the 64gb version with a microSDXC card. 128 GB BABY!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I would pay $250 for the 64gb and add a 64gb card in a heartbeat

Old 06-08-2012, 08:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sprint and Verizon have the SG3 for preorder. $200 for 16gb, $250 for 32GB and no 64GB option. I am less excited but might still pick up a 32gb since my SG1 Captivate doesnt recognize my 64gb microsdxc card.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If the 32gb or 64gb model makes it to AT&T I may eat it and get this phone. I luv everything about my phone, except the music playback options for sq adjustment (NONE!!!), and the total lack of capacity on the device.

I mean, I can only put a limited amount of tunes on here (around 6-7 gb for my case), and upping the bitrate to V~0 on this thing can't make up for the lack of a simple eq.

I can handle the super low volume, as I normally listen to music at lower than normal levels. But some things,...meh,...they just piss me off!!! And this phone, for me, is a winner in all other areas.

I may go SGS III and say screw it!!!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Went and bought this and I have to say, I thought I'd be needing a swapable battery but turns out that the battery on this thing can handle my day, and then some just fine Although I'll reserve a final say after I get my bluetooth headset back, then I'll see how well it copes with that on.

Although I did have a bit of a battery issue the first few days I had the phone. The battery actually wouldn't charge properly during the day at work, originally I thought it was the chargers I was using or that the device was using too much power but it turned out it was the battery. Read somewhere that someone had fixed a similar issue by simply charging the battery when the phone was turned off- then taking the battery out for 15 minutes and plugging it back in with 100% charge. Kind of strange, but it worked. I'll still be keeping my eye on this issue to see if its not something else.

Otherwise I love the fact that I can just swap out SD cards- pretty much on the fly, no need to turn off the device. Won't be needing to do that too much once I get a 64gb card I imagine but for now its pretty fun to be able to swap out a single card to get access to a huge selection of pre-recorded TV shows and to have a full music library on another. The 16 gigs built in is enough for my podcasts and even photos and such that I don't normally want to swap out.

Still not a fan of the looks although I have to say that there is nothing cheap about the device on closer inspection. Sure its shiny plastic, but it is still some of the nicest plastic out there. In the end I got the white one after seeing the "pebble blue" on display and deciding it was not for me. However due to the device being fairly thin, getting a Case isn't that crazy an idea. So I just went with a "Rock" textured MetalSlim case from mobilefun.co.uk after seeing a charger that would fit my new phone with this (and I'm assuming others) case on.