android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Exclamation SOLVED: Possibly bricked SGP 4.0 - need assistance

Hi everyone,
Well, I seem to have resolved the first issue that I posted about on here which was audio hiss, but now I have another rather more difficult problem.

So, I thought I would install some custom firmware (I forget what it was called, but it's pretty popular for the Galaxy Player 4.0), so I rooted my Galaxy Player and installed the ClockworkMod ROM app. Anyway, I wound up rebooting the Player, and when it restarted the audio wouldn't work at all, and both the Music app and Winamp would freeze up every time I tried to play a song. YouTube videos would play, but with no audio either through speakers or headphones, and none of the system sounds would play either. Figured it was because of the root, so I used the Unroot option in SuperOneClick (the program I used to root the device in the first place). Still didn't work, so I did a factory reset in Settings on the Player, and when it rebooted into Clockwork Recovery, it tried to erase the data, but showed some errors (couldn't access certain folders/files, not sure which ones), but it said that it was finished so I rebooted the Player. When it got past the first Samsung logo, and into the animated galaxy thing, it kept looping at the animation, and reboots did the same thing. Then, I found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1512331 and thought I would try restoring the ROM with Odin, which I did, and it showed a Pass, but still, same problem. Then, I got the PIT file from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=20259805 and again tried to restore the ROM as well as the PIT, but that failed, and after awhile of it not doing anything I unplugged the Player, thinking that I would reboot it and try again. However, now it hangs at a screen I have never seen before, which looks like, as best I can describe it, a phone icon----orange triangle warning sign----computer icon (attached a photograph of it if that helps any). Kind of at a loss here, so I would greatly appreciate any answers.

Thanks everyone!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0162.JPG (121.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Jon49522; 05-25-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
4.0, brick, error, galaxy, player