android
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM

Help Do Fake Sandisk Players Exist ?

Hi All,

I just bought a sandisk fuze from izonedeals, the player was new but did not come in its original packaging. To me the player doesnt sound as good as my sandisk clip+ which came in its original packaging.

Is it just me or could the sandisk fuze I have be fake ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 AM

Anything is possible but Iíve never heard of fake sandisk players so IMHO itís doubtful that itís a fake. Is there any physical appearance difference between it and other sansa fuze players or is it just the sound you question? Are the sound settings the same? Are you volume matching them first before testing? Are you using the same headphones/IEMs?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Anything is possible but Iíve never heard of fake sandisk players so IMHO itís doubtful that itís a fake. Is there any physical appearance difference between it and other sansa fuze players or is it just the sound you question? Are the sound settings the same? Are you volume matching them first before testing? Are you using the same headphones/IEMs?
The player looks real to me but I have never had another sandisk fuze so I have nothing to compare it to.

I'm using the same headphones that I use with my sandisk clip but it seems to sound different and the volume does not go quiet as loud even though I have set it to the US to avoid the volume limit and I am using the same sound settings.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Promptly send it to me for testing and I'll send it right back

Have you tried blind testing (make sure they are volume matched and don't use both included earbuds, only one pair, as they could be different even though they may look the same). Ask some friends to help, also let them test and see what they have to say.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan2012 View Post
Hi All,

I just bought a sandisk fuze from izonedeals, the player was new but did not come in its original packaging. To me the player doesnt sound as good as my sandisk clip+ which came in its original packaging.

Is it just me or could the sandisk fuze I have be fake ?

Is there a China?

Old 04-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

I doubt anyone is going to fake a player that sells for next to nothing. Usually you fake overpriced stuff, not things that are already sold near the marginal cost. Even if you put a rockchip player in there, you wouldn't be able to make a profit I think.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The Fuze hasn't been made since sometime in 2010. Since this is the first conversqation about fake Fuzes that I can recall, I'm gonna say that I'm pretty sure that this player isn't a fake.

Is there something wrong with the player? That's a MUCH BIGGER possibility.

BTW, first thing I thought when I read the original post was "are the earphones plugged in all the way?" Wasn't that a problem with new Fuzes?

Steve