android
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 AM

Default What to choose? Cowon C2 or Creative X-Fi 3?

I have come to a point where my currently owned Creative x-fi doesn't last more than 5/6 hrs on batteries, and I'd like to move on. I have looked around and decided I don't need one extra "half smart phone" in the form of android based Cowon devices (I own a galaxy S for that), but I'd rather stick to a small device, with very good sound quality, good amplification, good connectivity solutions and batter life (I'll take it with me, plug it in the car, or to my home hifi when I'm too lazy to use its usb drive). I am inclined toward Creative just because I already owned a few of their products to my satisfaction, but the C2 intrigues me, mainly because of sound quality, volume and interface. Could you help me point out important differences? I have no experience with cowon whatsoever.

Thanks

Giulio

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2012, 06:20 AM

Both are bad players, but the C2 is much less awful than the X-Fi3 in my opinion.

Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM

Default thank you

Many thanks,

I based my opinion more on a feeling and ad.

What would you choose to stay in that size area?

Giulio

Old 04-02-2012, 07:40 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Sound quality wise the Cowon C2 is the better choice.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM

I will be getting the C2 when I'm ready to make an media player purchase. Sound quality and diverse format player makes it a great choice. Plus battery life. Great choice as in better than anything out there currently. Best worst choice.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:21 AM

Default Thanks

Thank you again,

I will ponder the C2 then, though I might wait for an update coming with wireless capability as well.

:-)

Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

There will be no updates for the C2 with wireless capabilities.

Old 04-02-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Both are bad players, but the C2 is much less awful than the X-Fi3 in my opinion.
What's wrong with the X-Fi 3? I'm looking to replace my Zune HD and it seems like a great choice. Why would someone who only wants to listen to mp3 music not want one?

Old 04-02-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMouth View Post
What's wrong with the X-Fi 3? I'm looking to replace my Zune HD and it seems like a great choice. Why would someone who only wants to listen to mp3 music not want one?
Read all the terrible reviews about it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Video.../dp/B005MJU1JY

Old 04-03-2012, 06:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Creative, sadly, SUX!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoo56 View Post
Read all the terrible reviews about it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Creative-Video.../dp/B005MJU1JY
I've read most of them and the negative ones are overwhelmingly based on expectation not meeting reality. The only bad thing I've read about it is that you have to scroll through entire lists, you can't jump to the next letter or anything. With 277 artists and 676 albums to load onto it, that could be a problem for me. Beyond that, though, it looks close to perfect for my needs, assuming it works properly, which is the other thing that seems a bit dodgy with it.

Its just so hard to find a big capacity mp3 player that isn't trying to be an iPod Touch. I just want something to store and play my music at home and there seems to be nothing around that can do it at a reasonable price. So far, my PC seems like the best option.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 AM

Its pretty easy to find big capacity these days though.Buy a 128GB SD card and format it properly then use it with a device that has a SDHC card slot and you're good to go,plus it costs ALOT less to do this than to buy a non-existent 128GB DAP lol

Last edited by Lagoo56; 04-04-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yesterday I ordered a 64gb Sony NWZ-A867 from Advanced Mp3 Players in the EU. And, as Lagoo56 mentioned, you could always format a 64gb or 128gb sdxc card to work in quite a few devices nowadays. Capacity isn't really much of an issue nowadays.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:09 PM

That device looks pretty good but once you start looking at Android powered devices (it is Android, right?), the question is why pay iPod Touch money to get something that has almost zero 3rd party support? What made the ZuneHD worthwhile was the AV Dock with remote control and I figured the X-Fi 3 would work as its own remote control if I streamed audio to my speakers via Bluetooth. Realistically, I think I am probably going to be better off with some kind of media centre like a Boxee, although having to turn the TV on to listen to music might get annoying pretty quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoo56 View Post
Its pretty easy to find big capacity these days though.Buy a 128GB SD card and format it properly then use it with a device that has a SDHC card slot and you're good to go,plus it costs ALOT less to do this than to buy a non-existent 128GB DAP lol
SDHC only supports up to 32GB. You need SDXC for larger capacities and I'm yet to find a player that supports that. And a 128Gb SDXC card costs around $300, which is NOT cheap when you add in the cost of a player with good navigation as well.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorMouth View Post
SDHC only supports up to 32GB. You need SDXC for larger capacities and I'm yet to find a player that supports that. And a 128Gb SDXC card costs around $300, which is NOT cheap when you add in the cost of a player with good navigation as well.
SDXC cards can be properly formatted to work with devices that support SDHC cards only.And a Lexar 133x 128GB SDXC card costs about $175,which is rather cheap for such a large amount of flash memory.

Tags
compare, cowon c2, creative, creative sucks, x-fi 3