android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 AM

Question Need recommendations for full-size boomy headphones under 40 USD for clip zip

I'd like to know what over-the-ear (full-size) headphones would be good in the 30-40 USD range to go with the clip zip, rockboxed?

I want great, deep boomy ones, but am unable to decide between closed style, circum-aural and supra-aural. I'd be using them at home only so which would be better for me? They should be wearable at least for 2 hours at a time, i.e., they should be comfy and at the same time boomy. Also, somewhere I read that low impedance cuts or takes away the bass. So would I need high impedance headphones?

The media would be at least 192 kbps MP3s or flacs.

I've read dfkt's IEM comparision chart and the good inexpensive phones thread, but it would be very helpful if some of you having more than one of these phones would respond with their experiences. Also, some of those phones aren't available now.

Lastly, would I need to buy an amp for getting better and richer bass or would just getting some better headphones do for me?
Would adding a good amp like Digizoid O2, Fiio E11/E17 etc increase the bass to make the music sound heavenly? Please advise.

I only have these Weile 304-MV headphones which I got for 10 USD 2 years ago. They seem to sound nice but I don't have any other ones so can't compare.

Kind Regards,
Casper

P.S.: dfkt - on your inexpensive phones' original post, all the Sennheiser links point to the webpage and ask for login info. Just wanted to let you know.

Last edited by casper^; 03-30-2012 at 12:47 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
bassy, boomy, full-size, headphones, under $40