android
Old 03-28-2012, 11:37 PM

Default What amp is used in Headphone reviews ?

I have the Sound Magic E10 and the earphones leave me craving for more bass. Just like the review said they are great but they are more for the family kids walking out on the Town type of earphones. I had to change my custom settings in my Cowon S9 to basic settings because the sound fell flat. They dont take customs settings well. So I am trying to find out what if any amp should be used by the Sound Magic E10 ?
I have only had them for 2 days

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

The S9 has a semi-parametric EQ. That is all you need to almost arbitrarily change the bass response. Adding an amp won't help you there, you already have what you need.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Get a Digizoid ZO: http://www.digizoid.com/the-zo/

Read dfkt's review of the V1: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/06/d...woofer-review/

The V2 has a few upgrades, like volume control. With this you'll never be wanting for bass,...and the sq is excellent.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:44 PM

Default Martin said It

Their midrange doesn’t strike me as either recessed or forward, but in some tracks it appears that there’s a slight bump in the upper midrange. Resolution and clarity is generally fine, but at lower listening levels some complex musical passages (orchestral pieces, metal, etc) can sound a slight bit smeared together. For the price however, they compare very favorably to even higher priced IEMs – and turning up the volume a notch makes them sound clearer, as is often the case with dynamic driver phones.

As the guy reaches for the next Barbituate he fumbles through each pocket he finds it

Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGAKILL View Post
Their midrange doesn’t strike me as either recessed or forward, but in some tracks it appears that there’s a slight bump in the upper midrange. Resolution and clarity is generally fine, but at lower listening levels some complex musical passages (orchestral pieces, metal, etc) can sound a slight bit smeared together.
Perhaps it would be worth grabbing some test tones and flipping through the EQ settings to see if you can flatten the mid while boosting the bass a little. I usually do this when i get a new pair of headphones and it helps quite a bit. FWIW I haven't tried the S9, but people seem to like it's sound and the quantitative stuff looks good for it.