android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Cowon iAudio > Cowon S9

Old 06-22-2009, 07:13 PM

Default Do you like or dislike bbe and which one do you like the most for what genre type?

Do you like or dislike bbe and which one do you like the most for what genre type? Or do you like a specific user settings? I am a bit mixed about weather i like bbe or not with my px100. It seems to make most songs sound much better. The important frequencies sound more powerful and stand out but also seems to make a lot more noise at least amplifies noise that songs already have but seems to do some what fine with well recorded songs. What do you think and prefer?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2009, 12:44 PM

I tend to like those better than any of the others but I find myself having a hard time deciding between the different BBE settings...BBE, HEADSET 1,2 or 3, etc....

Old 06-23-2009, 03:16 PM

i havnt tryed a lot yet, but i kinda like the "metal" setting.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM

In the two weeks I had my S9, none of them were any good for the music I listen to (mostly Heavy Metal). There were (for the most part) very soft and I had to bump up the volume quite a bit. I just left it on normal, and it sounded great.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:22 PM

yeah i noticed it really depends on the headphones. when i had my px100's which i just sent out on warranty to get replaced i was not sure if any bbe helped or just made a distortion. but when i did use bbe. i just used simple bbe for flac songs and bbe mp for mp3 songs. other wise it always sounded to distored and noisy. bbe headphone 2 also sounded okay but a bit noisy. so now as backups i am using koss spark plugs and it does not matter which setting i use it all sounds the same some just a bit louder. but the sparkplugs really suck anyways so with these i can have any setting on and the only difference is it may sound louder sometimes but also more noisy. but with my px100 they all sounded great with near no distortion. while normal sounded very flat everything was identical volume level which on one hand is good reproduction on the other sounded very unrealistic to hear all instruments identically at same level and stuff a concert would never sound like that. bbe fixed it but on some poorly recorded songs it just amplified the noise. i am curious if its supposed to help or make more noise.

Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 AM

I use my custom settings, I have Shure SE210 with fiio E5 amplifier (might get the Nuforce soon)... I like to hear all the instruments with vibrant highs and a nice cover of Bass... I think specially with Shure headphones u have to really spend time fine tuning everything to get the best of them.. cuz they sound dull at the beginning, but once you're done tuning you have a little club playing inside your head

Old 06-24-2009, 07:35 AM

I like BBE headset 1 for movies, and BBE Viva 1 or 2 for most music. Ironically "Viva la Vida" sounds much better with BBE Viva

Old 06-24-2009, 08:56 AM

I use a custom that's pretty similar to Viva 1. Not an exact copy, just a little more to my tastes. But I gotta admit, Viva 1 is pretty good too!

Old 06-24-2009, 11:53 AM

i use bbe mach3bass

i like a lot of bass in my music...and yet not one rap song on my s9 lol...i like it cause it doesnt take away from the other sounds but amplifies everything at the same time

nine inch nails and franz ferdinand sound AMAZING with this setting i think...

i guess i like the bass cause i've gotten used to having the subs in my car

Old 07-22-2012, 04:51 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yeh NIN sounds VERY nice with BBE, and the BBE Headphone ones.

Tags
bbe