android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Off Topic > Random Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 AM

Default Vaping Discussion (Electronic Cigarettes)

And no, I don't mean those cheap things from mall kiosks or gas stations, I mean the real thing. Vaping. Delicious delicious nectar!

For new people, here is my story:

I have been smoking since I was 11 (I'm serious), and was a PAD smoker since I was 13. My wife needed to quit smoking because of her job (she is a nurse). If she came in smelling of smoke she'd get fired. So, I basically had to quit too. I planned to keep smoking while she wasn't home, and when she was home I was going to toot on an electronic cigarette I had read about online. So, I met up with someone from ECF (Electronic Cigarette Forum) in person and he showed me the ropes. It was so much more than I thought it was! And it tasted good too! So, I headed over to a local vape shop (I am very lucky to have one of these, most cities don't - and if they do they are fake ones that sell cheap scam ones) and they hooked me up with my first ecig: My Saber Touch Vari-Volt.

It was all downhill from here. It tasted so good! The flavors (I became immediately addicted to "Kryptonite", Blackberry Brandy, Skittles, and more) were so plentiful! Before I knew it.. I had accidentally quit smoking! Me! The three pack a day American Spirit smoker! I was a non-smoker!

Slowly but surely my senses have come back. I can taste better, smell better, and even see better! I feel so much better too! I have acute seasonal bronchitis and I didn't get it this spring! This is the single best thing to ever happen to me.

Why am I sharing all of this with you, you ask? Well, you guys helped me. I posted asking for information, and people gave it to me. The least I can do is return the favor by helping at least ONE of you quit smoking. Get into vaping! You won't regret it!

Please feel free to post any questions you have about vaping, any interest you may have in it is appreciated and I will happily walk you through everything (including helping you out on where and how to start! It's cheaper than you think!).

Already a vaper? Post and let us know. Show some pics of your set-up or your stories!

www.totalvapingnetwork.com

Further Reading:
How they work:

E-Juice (or E-Liquid) is made of VG and PG. That stands for Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG). Both are FDA approved. Then, nicotine (in varying strengths depending on your needs - even 0 mg is offered for those who just want to taste the deliciousness) is added. This is your basic flavorless juice. Now, flavoring is added. Most commonly, candy and cake flavorings are used. Again, this is also FDA approved. All products in the juice are individually FDA approved. You'll often hear supporters of Big Tobacco make claims that it's not "FDA approved", but they mean the combination is not FDA approved. Neither is broccoli and cauliflower being mixed together, but no one tries to stop it.

Nicotine by itself is not actually "bad for you". It has health benefits! Ultimately, it is as bad for you as caffeine is. If not a little less. It is linked to many health benefits, and Big Tobacco has pointed this out for YEARS to help keep cigarettes legal. Nicotine took a lot of flack for what it was associated with. When separated from all of those deadly chemicals though, it is a perfectly fine thing when consumed in the very moderate portions of e-cigs.

This E-Juice is then applied to an atomizer (in a multitude of ways, I will explain in depth shortly) which then heats the liquid into a vapor. This works in a similar manner (actually, the exact same way) as nebulizers and fog machines. It's effectively just a breathing treatment with nicotine added.

Atomizers, Cartomizers and Cartridges. An atomizer (or atty/addy) is the basic heating component, and many people (myself included) prefer a method known as "direct dripping". This means dripping juice directly onto the atomizer in order to vape. This produces a very clean flavor. Other methods include cartomizers. A cartomizer (or carto) is an atomizer which has been inserted into a tube with filler materials for absorbing the juice. This juice then slowly wicks itself to the atomizer, allowing you to vape longer without having to drip often. A cartridge (or cart) is prefilled with juice and works like a cartomizer, only prefilled.

There is no scientific data to suggest vaping is harmful in any way whatsoever. There is, however, much data to suggest it is healthier than NOT vaping!

Last edited by DietSalem; 03-20-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]