android
Old 02-29-2012, 12:49 PM

Default Hypothetical Android Mp3 (a good one)

What are everyone's thoughts on the new android PMP's coming out? Personally I feel most have gotten close, but each seem to be lacking in at least one key area.

Cowon D3: Pricey, slow (at first, a bit better now)
Cowon K2: to be seen, build quality seems to have fallen in Cowon's recent products.

Samsung galaxy players: build quality, SQ?, screen tech (though not too bad really).

Sony walkman z: screen tech (a little, personally it's a high priority for me, that's why I'm harsh), PRICE, SD card slot, form factor.

What are the chances one of these (or another company) makes an android PMP that doesn't have these omissions?

p.s. for me, perfect player would be: 4" 16:9 HD AMOLED screen, aluminum or polycarbonate body, feels comfortable to hold, 1.2 ghz dual-core at least, expandable memory(not a deal breaker for me), very high SQ. I'd be willing to pay a good chunk of cash for something with those specs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I have one complaint about the SGP: white only. WTF? White is probably my least favorite device color. Everything else is great. The build quality is sturdy, the sound is good (despite rumors saying it wasn't) and the screen is responsive, clear, and durable. The D3 is pretty crappy, and I have low hopes for the K2. The Z looks interesting, but I haven't read much on it or even seen one so I can't pass judgment.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe Sansa will replace the Fuze+ with an Android based player?

Steve

Old 03-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeZ5 View Post
Maybe Sansa will replace the Fuze+ with an Android based player?

Steve
That's an interesting thought....although that could end up being a step farther upmarket than they want to go.

I know how they could fix the Fuze+, but that's a story for another thread.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
I have one complaint about the SGP: white only. WTF? White is probably my least favorite device color. Everything else is great. The build quality is sturdy, the sound is good (despite rumors saying it wasn't) and the screen is responsive, clear, and durable. The D3 is pretty crappy, and I have low hopes for the K2. The Z looks interesting, but I haven't read much on it or even seen one so I can't pass judgment.
Hating on the glossy whiteness? lol I actually like it,because I'd hate the back to be ugly glossy black,it wouldn't work much,but thats just personal preference.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinburger1109 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoo56 View Post
Hating on the glossy whiteness? lol I actually like it,because I'd hate the back to be ugly glossy black,it wouldn't work much,but thats just personal preference.
No issues with the white here. In addition to two full leather cases, TDS also sent me the SGP 5.0 with this......

a nice black hard cover that only covers the back of the player. So around the house, I just use this instead of one of the full cases.....no whiteness to be seen!

I don't mind the white myself, but I can't help but think it would end up looking dirty....lol

Old 03-01-2012, 01:31 PM

I use mine without any case or cover just because I love the whiteness of the back Plus dust and finger prints aren't visible on the color white,thats a plus for Samsung using this color.

Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
No issues with the white here. In addition to two full leather cases, TDS also sent me the SGP 5.0 with this......

a nice black hard cover that only covers the back of the player. So around the house, I just use this instead of one of the full cases.....no whiteness to be seen!

I don't mind the white myself, but I can't help but think it would end up looking dirty....lol
That's the one I got, yea.

Tags
android, cowon d3, samsung galaxy player, sony walkman z, z2