android
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 PM

Default Is there more to setting up the J3?

I just received my J3 in the mail yesterday and so I'm not quite familiar with it yet. One of the things I needed help with is installing UCI'S. I've looked on other forums stating that you have to rename files,etc. and then that's it. However I've done exatly that for 3 different UCI (Lynx, sense, and asuci v2) and not one of them works on my J3 at all. It just reinstalls the default. I've updated the firmware and everything but it still will not change the UCI. Are there any steps I'm missing in setting up the J3?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2012, 11:26 PM

When you power on the J3, the stock Cowon main menu appears. In the lower-right corner is the "power on/off" button.

If you drag that power button to the left, it will reveal three icons. Each icon corresponds to the main menu formats 1, 2, and 3. Tap on whichever format you want to see, and that becomes your main menu choice until you repeat the process and change to another main menu format.

Lynx itself has a slightly different way of getting to the main menu selection popup, but the above screenshot (which is taken from the PDF user manual for the J3, available from the Cowon site) is how the stock Cowon main menu selection works.

Also, if you note from my response on your other thread and look at the screenshot, your "installation" of Lynx includes deciding which of the three available main menu "numbers" you'd like to replace with Lynx. Presumably this is your LEAST FAVORITE COWON MAIN MENU FORMAT or certainly the one you're likely to miss the least since it will be replaced by Lynx.

The "mainmenuN.swf" file that is part of the Lynx installer ZIP file thus must be renamed once you expand the zip file and copy all of its contents to the \System\Flash UI folder on internal storage of the J3. Then use Windows Explorer to rename mainmenuN.swf... for example, in my case I decided to replace the Cowon "Counting Text" desktop main menu format (#2). So I renamed mainmenuN.swf to mainmenu2.swf.

And that's all that's required. Now, if you follow the instruction at the top of this post to drag the power button icon to the left to reveal the three main menu selection icons, you then just tap whichever one you've allocated to Lynx, and you're off and running.

If you have placed Sense and Leaf in the same \System\Flash UI folder as my screenshot in my reply on your other thread shows, then you will automatically invoke them when you either play music or get into Browser. You ARE now using Sense and Leaf.

What is it that you say is just not working? Please review everything I've said on this post, and in that other post, and take any corrective action needed.

Then see if things now work... or please describe your continuing symptoms of "failure" so that we can figure out what you're still not doing right.

Old 02-24-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire301175 View Post
I've looked on other forums stating that you have to rename files,etc. and then that's it.
In the case of Lynx (main menu UCI), you just download the zip file, expand the zip file, place the entire expanded contents (all folders and files) into \System\Flash UI, and you're almost done.

Now you just need to rename ONE FILE... namely mainmenuN.swf.

You have to rename it to either mainmenu1.swf, mainmenu2.swf, or mainmenu3.swf, depending on which Cowon menu you are eliminating (just temporarily, for as long as you have Lynx installed to be a substitute for that particular 1 of 3 Cowon desktop formats) and replacing it with Lynx.