Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Default Visually appealing headphones

Even though I already have headphones, I'm always shopping for new ones. I find myself very attracted to headphones that I think look good. I ended up buying Nixon Troopers at one point, which turned out to be a big mistake, since they have pretty crappy sound quality. As things stand currently, good looking headphones (I find the urbanears to be very attractive) are generally not good sounding. But on this website, everyone seems to dismiss headphones that look good, calling them "fugly" and such. I'm in high school, looking to go into college for some type of design, maybe industrial or product design, so good looking is one of the primary selling points of head phones for me. My question is, why is it that you guys on this website seem to dismiss any headphones that take a risk, or appeal to a bias, to look good? If someone were to marry the concept of good sound with a unique, untraditional design, would you guys like it?

These are just some personal thoughts and I'm trying to gauge reactions, not offend! If you took the time to read all of that, I applaud you. Thanks guys!
Devices: Rockboxed Sansa Fuze 2gb + 8gb microSD card, 8gb Samsung P3
Speakers: Logitech X-240, Infinity Qb

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]