android
Old 02-03-2012, 10:10 AM

Default Clip+ Syncing issues

I've had my Clip+ for at least a years now, and a Clip for a few years prior. I've never had a syncing issue. All of a sudden, I could not add music through any method. MediaMonkey would co through the sync process, but the only thing that would actually transfer was the album art, and that would end up in the root directory, not under music\artist\album.

I changed the USB connection protocol to MSC, but I can't see any files at all on the clip through explorer. (I'm using Windows 7). I decided to try a MM sync anyway, and it worked like a charm. I can still only see the new album in explorer, but I can still play any of the previously loaded music on the Clip+.

Any idea what could have happened? I'm planning to do a reformat and start from scratch. Any other idea or thoughts? I have RockBoxed my older Clip, but I find it more of a pain to use that the Sansa OS, so I wasn't planning on changing the Plus.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM

Some stuff is loaded via MTP and other via MSC, thus you can't see it all. After you format pick a mode and stay away from auto-detect, because I believe that's the problem.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 02-03-2012, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
After you format pick a mode and stay away from auto-detect, because I believe that's the problem.
Thanks. I wonder if the last firmware update changed my settings? What mode is generally preferred? I like syncing with MM so I have access to my playlists. MSC looks good to me.

Your thoughts?

Old 02-03-2012, 11:13 AM

I only use MSC drag & drop but I was under the impression that if you do playlists then MTP is better and it's the only way to sync with MM as MSC connects like a thumb drive. Regardless of which one you pick, make sure it's not on auto-defect. Also every time you do a fw upgrade it reverts back to auto-detect so you should check it before starting to load tunes again.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc