android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > iRiver > iriver T Series

Old 01-29-2012, 05:11 PM

Default how is Iriver t9 ? is that same as iriver e150 or sansa clip + ?

hi men and women
i wanna buy a new mp3 player !
there is only one important thing is sound quality !
i listen to any kind of music like rock and ...
more rock and pop !
here i cant find any kind of sansa player but there is other kind linke samsung or creative and iriver and sony !
what is ur suggestion to me ?
i want to buy best player in that price range (40-60 $)
i listen to iriver e150 ! its not bad ! i think that with a good headphone can be better and better ! but is t9 same as e150 ?
and suggest me any kind of headphone that is good for all kind of music !
tnx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Get the Sansa clip+ or clipzip. The sq is excellent, they have a micro sd card expansion slot, and they tend to be kinda inexpensive compared to most players. Iriver is dead as far as we're concerned, and their sound quality is substandard nowadays. Get the Sansa & you'll be happy.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:00 AM

i knew ! everyone say that ! but here i cant find any kind of sansa ! ...

Old 01-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Administrator

People can't make recommendations unless they know which players are available to you. You mention Samsung and Sony among the brands you can get where you're at. Which models are you talking about that are in your price range? I've seen some of those that I wouldn't get if I had the selection I had here in the US but would be decent alternatives if that's all I could get elsewhere.

I think some music is better than no music. What you can get might not be popular here but may be a good choice where you're at.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Ultra Senior Member

r0ssoneri...

where is here?

Steve

Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

R0ssoneri is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Old 01-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
R0ssoneri is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Oh, wow. That's a tough one. I agree with the others, so please let us know what you CAN get and we'll help you out.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM

tnx men
i am from iran
in last 2 month there is some sansa clip series but now there isnt ! there is no company to gurrante them and import them here !
its bad here ! we often buy forign things more expensive than the real price ! for example porsche panamera s is 500.000$
and waht is ur suggest ? any thing but not sandisk
creative,sony,iriver ,philips, samsung, archos and others ...
range beetwen 40-80$

Last edited by r0ssoneri; 01-30-2012 at 10:48 AM.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Administrator

I really didn't mean what maker, I meant what models. Manufacturers make different models available in different parts of the world. Like the Sansa, what I can get easily isn't always available to elsewhere. It's likely to be the same with what you can get. There's things I see on worldwide sites I just can't get here but are everyday items in other countries.

Also pricing can be very different. What I get here in the US may cost either much more or less elsewhere. That makes it nearly impossible to suggest items in a price range.

You could make a list of ones you think might work for you. Creative and iRiver aren't going to be recommended here most likely. Sony and Samsung are usually what people here have experienced most. Be sure to put them on your list if there's any you like.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM

tnx all
there is a list of my possible choice
Samsung
YP-U5 4GB ~ 47$
YP-U6 2GB ~ 47$
YP-Q2 4GB ~ 80$
YP-Q4 4GB ~ 77$
Creative
ZenStyle M100 4GB ~ 59$
ZenStyle M300 4GB ~ 77$
Sony
nwz-b162f 2gb ~ 50$
nwz-b163f 4gb ~ 59$
Philips
Gogear Mix 2gb ~ 47$

and there is some new model in the list that i dont know they are available or not and their price like
Samsung
YP-F3 Sports Clipper 4GB
YP-Z3 4GB
YP-R2 4GB
i guess only YP-F3 is in my range of pirce !

IF u suggest other brand plz say that i will search about possible choise of them
my avrage range is between 45-60 $ but if other models are more better and have more better sound quality and more loudness .

some of my firend say that models of sony wasnt really good ! what is ur idea ?
and one of them has iriver e150 ! its not too bad !

and how much a good headphone is important ?
i want a good player with good ampdnace that can support many of headphone with high loudness and quality but there is some limit in money !

Last edited by r0ssoneri; 01-31-2012 at 05:13 AM.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Administrator

The only one of the players you list I experienced personally was the nwz-b163f. I only was able to use it for a weekend while some friends visited but that was long enough for me to decide that in the $50-$60 dollar range it was a decent, well featured player. I'll just say that if I could get my hands on one for ~$59 I would. It doesn't have the extras of the E and S series players I have but matched them in sound easily. I found the bass boost feature to be pretty poor but there's no need to use that.

Using good quality headphones is actually more important to me than what player you use. Most quality players are going to sound alike. Sound enhancements like the equalizers and effects will be different but if you volume match good quality players and listen it's nearly impossible to tell one from the other. That changes when you turn on something like Philips FullSound but until then the difference in sound will be controlled by the quality of the headphones used.

I bought a lot of players as I searched for one that sounded better. Once I bought better headphones I found all of them I had bought sounded good, I just hadn't been able to hear the quality with the cheap earbuds I had been using.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:25 AM

how is apple ipod shuffle ?
i will try to buy that sansa in amazon or other sites !
but it costs more ! maybe 90$ for 2gb model !
is that good buy ? what is ur idea ?

Last edited by r0ssoneri; 02-01-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 AM
Administrator

The shuffle is a good player. I have a family member that has one and I've used it several times. The sound quality is as good as any other quality player. The hardware is also very solid. I don't like the lack of a screen but once I get the music started the experience is pretty good.

It wouldn't be my first choice but I'd take one over a off brand player that had more features and less quality. Together with a good set of headphones I'd say it's worth getting if the price is right.

The Clip+ is nice player but $90 seems too much for one to me. If you really need the extra space the external memory provides I'd think about it but if you can live with less space I'd think I'd get something that costs less.

Old 02-01-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
The Clip+ is nice player but $90 seems too much for one to me. If you really need the extra space the external memory provides I'd think about it but if you can live with less space I'd think I'd get something that costs less.
ohh 90$ gor 2gb ! reaaly fuck ! with that i can buy a nwz-e463 ! how is it ? but i cant but that ! ur suggest is nwz-b163f or other ?!
what is ur idea ?
sansa clip + > nwz-b163f > shuffle ?!
all of that are better than iriver T9 ?!
u choice the clip plus for frist choose ! what is ur second and ...
tnx for reply , sorry im mixed up ! i want to have best buy .

___
and another quest : do u listen to music with nokia n81 ?
thats phone is amazing in compare with other cellphones !
if u can listen music with that and say ur idea .

Last edited by r0ssoneri; 02-01-2012 at 04:04 AM.

Old 02-01-2012, 04:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ssoneri View Post
how is apple ipod shuffle ?
The current generation iPod Shuffle actually sounds quite good, if you have halfway decent headphones. A lot of people wouldn't like a player without a screen, but for use as a shuffle-only, small capacity unit, it works well, and the controls are intuitive.

It's only 2GB capacity, but that's still enough room for probably 17 or 18 hours' worth of music at higher bitrates, which is more than the rated battery time. And since it is all metal, it's durable enough for the workplace.