android
Old 01-26-2012, 02:09 PM

Default Clip Zip deleting playlist entries (ext. mem)

I've read several posts on playlist issues, but I haven't seen an issue exactly like this.

I've created playlists in my new Clip Zip from songs in my internal memory and my external microsdhc card. I did this via Windows Explorer (MTP mode) by creating a new playlist in internal memory, and dragged and dropped them to the new playlist (it is .pla format). I was then able to disconnect from my computer, and was successful in playing the playlist, accessing songs from both internal memory and the external card. I even powered the Clip Zip down and turned it back on to ensure persistance (and it still worked).

Upon reconnection to my computer, the Clip Zip somehow modified the playlist and deleted ALL entries from the external card. I tried again, with the same results (edited the playlist, disconnected, worked successfully, reconnected, Clip Zip zapped the entries).

So I tried again, this time creating copies of the playlist in the playlist AND root folders of the internal memory. Tested again with the same results. All the .pla files are modified, removing references to the external memory references.

Clip Zip just deletes all references to external memory songs in all .pla files in internal memory. What am I doing wrong??? Could it be a problem with the new firmware update (I heard that is problematic)? I went to a back level firmware, but that didn't help. Or is there some setting where I can tell Clip Zip not to alter my playlists? My firmware level is currently 01.01.18.

(As long as I don't reconnect via USB, my playlist is OK - but that is certainly limiting!)

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]