android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2012, 10:50 PM

Default Not all folders/mp3 files appearing on Zip

I replaced my defective Clip+ with the Zip this week.
I upgraded firmware to latest version.

After copying about 55 folders (each containing ~0-5 mp3 podcast files) to my external uSD card, I notice that about 1 out of 5 of my mp3 files aren't displayed in the Zip and aren't available for playing.

If I plug the zip into my PC, all of the folders and files appear correctly. Its just when I disconnect the zip and attempt to play the files on the Zip (music\folders\external disk\"my folder") that about 1 out of 5 folders are missing (as if there was no mp3 file in there). If I re-connect to PC - the folders and files are all displayed correctly in Windows.

I've tried setting the zip to msc or mtc. I've tried removing/inserting the card.

Any idea why some of my mp3 files are 'invisible' to the Zip?

--

Background: I primarily use my MP3 player to play podcasts. I subscribe to 55 podcasts and on any given week about 20-30 of them have new episodes. I have a folder structure that lists my podcasts in the order i want to hear them (0-real time, 0-WTF, 1-escapepod, 2-pseudo pod etc...) I use Belevedere to move new MP3 into the folder structure and then I simply copy the entire folder structure from PC to uSD card. If there are no mp3 in the folder - the folder doesn't appear in the Clip menu. If t here are mp3 files in the folder the folder appears in the clip menu. I "play all" to play my mp3 files in the order I want.

Been doing this for ~ 2 years with clip+ without a hitch.

---

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]