android
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 PM

Default Not all folders/mp3 files appearing on Zip

I replaced my defective Clip+ with the Zip this week.
I upgraded firmware to latest version.

After copying about 55 folders (each containing ~0-5 mp3 podcast files) to my external uSD card, I notice that about 1 out of 5 of my mp3 files aren't displayed in the Zip and aren't available for playing.

If I plug the zip into my PC, all of the folders and files appear correctly. Its just when I disconnect the zip and attempt to play the files on the Zip (music\folders\external disk\"my folder") that about 1 out of 5 folders are missing (as if there was no mp3 file in there). If I re-connect to PC - the folders and files are all displayed correctly in Windows.

I've tried setting the zip to msc or mtc. I've tried removing/inserting the card.

Any idea why some of my mp3 files are 'invisible' to the Zip?

--

Background: I primarily use my MP3 player to play podcasts. I subscribe to 55 podcasts and on any given week about 20-30 of them have new episodes. I have a folder structure that lists my podcasts in the order i want to hear them (0-real time, 0-WTF, 1-escapepod, 2-pseudo pod etc...) I use Belevedere to move new MP3 into the folder structure and then I simply copy the entire folder structure from PC to uSD card. If there are no mp3 in the folder - the folder doesn't appear in the Clip menu. If t here are mp3 files in the folder the folder appears in the clip menu. I "play all" to play my mp3 files in the order I want.

Been doing this for ~ 2 years with clip+ without a hitch.

---

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 PM

Smile nevermind - rockboxed it

I installed rockbox and now zip functions properly (and then some!)

Old 01-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
I installed rockbox and now zip functions properly (and then some!)
Good choice!

Old 01-25-2012, 07:08 PM

Default Happy Zipper

After using Rockbox for 1 full day on my Clip Zip, I am thrilled.

Aside from Rockbox solving my 'missing mp3' problem that the OF had, I was delighted to see the wealth of track info and options.

I had skimmed the Rockbox forums over the years but never really 'got it.'

Now that I've used Rockbox to play hours of podcasts today (on the treadmill, walking the dogs, driving to work...) I am really tickled and the performance and control I have.

The current Sansa Clip Zip OF GUI is really silly. They simply added color and some large meaningless icons. They really didn't do anything with the larger screen. In fact, they 'currently playing' view actually has LESS info on it then the old Clip+. I really love the amount of info that RockBox can cram into that screen.

Thanks to everyone who built Rockbox.

(Only thing that looks buggy is the FM radio interface, while most of the FM radio interface works ok, it sort of goes nuts every so often.)

Thanks again,

Happy Zipper