android
Old 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM

Default Is it possible to change the tag order through WinAMP?

I've had my Sansa Clip+ for about 2 months now. Previously, I simply used Windows Explorer to load up my music into the default folders on my device. I have since discovered that WinAMP can be used to control the device and make playlists easier (but I first had to deal with some frustration of wiping my Sansa so it would sync properly with WinAMP).

It used to be that my Sansa Clip+ displayed songs as Title/Artist. With WinAMP it now displays songs as Artist/Title which annoys me to no end. I've tried looking into the preferences on WinAMP but I can't seem to find any way to change the order. There's a page for changing the other tag orders such as album and year but title isn't one of the options.

Is there an easy way to get my Sansa to list Title/Artist when it plays music and still use WinAMP?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-24-2012, 02:18 AM

I think this depends on the way the firmware displays the track information and has nothing to do with winamp.

Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

FlyBoy:

I don't really understand your question. And I suspect the lack of other responses is because the other regulars don't understand it either.

The songs on my player appear as Artist over Title as you said. That is the choice of the firmware on the player. The other tags do not appear.

I can force the player to display Title over Artist by swapping the tags, IE putting the artist name in the title tag, and the song title in the artist name tag.

Perhaps you can explain yourself a bit better.

Steve