android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2012, 02:52 AM

Default Noob looking for new IEM/headphones

Hi all,
it's been some weeks I'm looking for some new stuff to listen my music but I'm not much into technical stuff to decide alone.
In the past I've been the satisfied owner of PortaPro (and other less satisfying but even bigger phones) and now I've a pair of AKG K412p that I'm using only at home because of the leakage, I don't really like to let other people know what I'm listening. So, at the end, I'm using a pair of sony erabuds that of course are not very good.

Price Range: 25 - 50 €
Type/Design: portable headphones or in-ear monitor (iem). I've never tried IEM, what are quality differences between them and which is , quality-wise and at same cost, the best option ?
I'd prefer closed phones in case of headphones, but still I'd want them portable and possibly foldable (I really like also having cable on 1 side and possibly detachable)
Preferable SQ or Sound Signature: I've read the related post but is hard for me to say. I like basses but I like also natural and precise sound, to hear details.
Media: mainly Rock , Metal, Jazz, Classical. I listen also to a bit of electronic and hip hop (too bad I like so many genre )
Source: Now I'm using my smartphone, but I'm planning to buy soon a sansa clip+ to replace my dead ipod
Location: Italy, I've seen a lot of stuff reviewed here that's a bit hard to find in my country

Last edited by Eit; 01-19-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]