android
Old 01-19-2012, 07:06 PM

Default Gapless playback on recent Sony models?

Just wondering if the latest Sonys have gapless playback. For me, "latest" means newer than my NWZ-S639F. Thanks in advance....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Administrator

I have the NWZ S639 and the newer NWZ E345 and they don't even pretend to be gapless. I also got a chance to use this years NWZ E465 for a couple of hours a few weeks ago and didn't hear any signs of gapless playback. Nice DAP it sounded the same as the others including not having gapless playback.

I had heard that they'll play .wav files gapless so I tried it just for fun. I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it did for me. That means is I won't have gapless playback on a Sony. I'm not going to lose that much storage space over gapless.

There may be a way to have it on the newer Android models. If there's a music player app you can run on them that supports gapless that would make it possible. I don't know enough about the Sony Android models to say one way or the other.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:02 PM
Ultra Senior Member

The new Android Walkman will do gapless, based on the downloaded app installed on it. THAT'S a viable option IMO.