android
Old 01-08-2012, 09:51 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
...the Zip display is a shame. It's the shittiest display I have seen for a while. Small size is OK, but poor resolution, colours and contrast is not acceptable in 2011/2012.
+1

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sounds like they may be planning to release a Fuze Zip.
I wonder if they were considering the name Blitz instead of Zip?
Clip Clop sounds better.

Even Sonic Clip sounds better than Clip Zip.

Last edited by JK98; 01-09-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
And the microsd card sitting flush with the player on the Zip, instead of sticking out a little bit like it does on the Clip+, is another factor.
After breaking the down volume switch off the board after dropping a 4GB clip+, I got a silicone skin for an 8GB. This both adds protection to your player in case you're clumsy like me and it also covers that bit of microsd that sticks out. You can get these skins for dirt cheap on ebay, etc. Worth it.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK98 View Post
Clip Clop sounds better.
Clip Clop will make you jump, jump.

EDIT:
Clip clop you don't stop.

Last edited by Vapre; 01-11-2012 at 12:45 PM.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
As long as they don't do that touch control, it keeps the same size and price point, expansion slot and is rockboxable, who gives a f*** what they call it
Agreed, but I will go a step farther and say that as long as they call it "available", I will continue to call it a "miracle".

I mean, seriously. I'm carrying in my shirt pocket a widget the size of a matchbox that as of last night held 253 CDs. It sounds terrific, and it displays the album art. A small display, to be sure, but more of a display than my first Sansa, an m240.

When we start grousing about the deficiencies of the Zip's display, I think we are missing the real point, the utter wonder of the technology. Or maybe I'm just getting old. But it still amazes me.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
When we start grousing about the deficiencies of the Zip's display, I think we are missing the real point, the utter wonder of the technology. Or maybe I'm just getting old. But it still amazes me.
No kidding. I remember lugging around a bulky case for just 50 CDs + a CD player in High School. Now I can have 10X that on a microsd card the size of my fingernail and a player the size of a matchbook. It really is mind-blowing.

Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Agreed, but I will go a step farther and say that as long as they call it "available", I will continue to call it a "miracle".

I mean, seriously. I'm carrying in my shirt pocket a widget the size of a matchbox that as of last night held 253 CDs. It sounds terrific, and it displays the album art. A small display, to be sure, but more of a display than my first Sansa, an m240.

Agree with all you say. Having said that, I often wonder: what would happen if SanDisk doubled the current price and produced an Uber Clip? Enhanced storage (I would almost--just almost--kill for a jukebox Clip with 128GB capacity, which is what my next player needs to be), metal construction, modernized firmware (the firmware is getting a bit long in the tooth at this point, 4+ years after the Clip was introduced), etc. The mind boggles at the thought.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Agree with all you say. Having said that, I often wonder: what would happen if SanDisk doubled the current price and produced an Uber Clip? Enhanced storage (I would almost--just almost--kill for a jukebox Clip with 128GB capacity, which is what my next player needs to be), metal construction, modernized firmware (the firmware is getting a bit long in the tooth at this point, 4+ years after the Clip was introduced), etc. The mind boggles at the thought.
Yes. I might have to jump at that, also. A well-constructed, large-capacity player, no plastic breakable clips.

An additional nice feature would be a microsd slot supporting SDXC for growing pains.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Let's make it waterproof while we're at it...

--shakes rain off after afternoon walk--

Old 01-12-2012, 03:32 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Let's make it waterproof while we're at it...

--shakes rain off after afternoon walk--
That technology now exists: recently developed, a nano-type coating is put onto electronics and water just doesn't "stick" to them. Has been tested down to a meter. The developers, HzO, state that while it can't be added by consumers, manufacturers can add the coating, Waterblock, at around the price of an inexpensive pair of earbuds (so, manfs., drop the earbuds so many of us just throw away or never use and add the waterproofing!).

http://www.gisuser.com/content/view/25515/2/

I also read that "Liquipel," likewise with a nano-type coating for electronics, will waterproof your gadget with a coating for $59.

Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM

Default Sansa Clip Zip VS. Sansa Clip +

I'm looking into buying one of these two models (Sansa Clip Zip and Sansa Clip +), but I am not sure the differences between these two. Could somebody point them out to me, please?

How about audio quality? Completely "identical" ? I'm interested in both logical/concrete and also more subjective opinions on this, if possible, hehe.

Oh, have also heard somewhere that Rockbox in Sansa Clip Zip is rather unstable. True?

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Ultra Senior Member

prankstare....

Welcome to ABi.

This existing thread might help you
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=67357

I'm not a Rockbox user, but the other users here sasy that Rockbox on the Zip is quite stable. The above thread may help there as well.

One major difference for me...I'm not a Rockbox user, and I use playlists. The Zip does not do playlists in the current firmware releases. May have to move my Zip to Rockbox.

Differences....the screen, location & shape of the buttons, appearance of the User Interface, and probably some other things.

They're cheap. Buy one of each, then make up your own mind. Our house has 2 Clips, 1 Clip+, and 1 Clip Zip (along with 4 other players that get used regularly), and only 2 humans.

Steve

Old 01-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator

--Posts moved to one of the relevant threads about the "Clip Zip or Clip+". Please do a search before opening another thread on this subject. All of this has been answered in several threads.--