android
Old 12-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Default Programming buttons on i10

Hi all,

I just got an i10 (my first Cowon) and am wondering how to programme the volume buttons to do forward/back track instead of volume? Apparently this can be done when the touchpad's locked. Am having fun playing with it (and the sound quality is great) but it'd be good to have a couple more instructions from the manufacturer on how to work it, so any tips/ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,

Jenny

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-27-2011, 11:46 AM

Oops just found the answer! It's in the system menu for future ref..

Old 12-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
Hi all,

I just got an i10 (my first Cowon) and am wondering how to programme the volume buttons to do forward/back track instead of volume? Apparently this can be done when the touchpad's locked. Am having fun playing with it (and the sound quality is great) but it'd be good to have a couple more instructions from the manufacturer on how to work it, so any tips/ideas gratefully received!

Thanks,

Jenny
Hello, having issues with my new cowon i10 USB connectivity....Initially, the cable is loose when I fit in the slot and nothing happens...Had to push the cable harder to detect the player and get CHARGE+SYNC, but still there is no "tuk" sound for its not fully seated in the socket...moreover the cable goes only 70% in and there is no perfect fit as in hard drives...now its fine if i leave in tat way....but even if i touch the cable, it disconnects and powers off..its tat loose...please confirm!!!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior047 View Post
... but even if i touch the cable, it disconnects and powers off ...
I'd email Cowon tech support for an RMA approval as that's not normal and you should still be under warranty.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-28-2011, 11:57 AM

Yeh, I'd ask for a swap - the connection on mine is tight if anything, and dead secure when it's in.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:44 AM

I remember the USB jack on my first J3 being so tight I was afraid to push it in any harder than a very loose fit - which eventually resulted in the player bricking. Luckily I figured the problem out and managed to get a replacement unit.

I'm planning to buy the i10 in a not too distant future. Could you tell me a little about your experience with it, Jenny?

Old 01-22-2012, 03:48 PM

Sure thing - sorry for the delay but have been a bit distracted with life..

I went for this model for the memory and sound quality - and on headphones generally the SQ is amazing, but when I connect it to the car stereo it's very quiet. Sometimes when it's on sleep mode (headphones) it buzzes a little, but this stops when I take it off sleep mode (strange one but rare).

It took me a while to get used to the interface, but after experimenting with it I'm slowly getting there.. I like that you can set the volume button to skip tracks when on sleep mode, but this does mean you can't change the volume when it's in your pocket if you choose that setting. The fact that the corner buttons change their use in different contexts is initially confusing but makes sense after a little use - even my technophobe partner can navigate through the most used menus now!

One of the things I still haven't worked out which is bugging me is how to set my own EQ settings - I just can't see how to do this so am stuck with theirs, but will keep trying..

One thing that bugs me a bit - maybe I was expecting too much (not having had a decent mp3 player since my 1st generation i***) - but I hoped that (for example) when it was on track shuffle, I could choose the album that the track I was currently listening to was on and listen to that without going back into the menu and choosing it separately (if you see what I mean..). Having said that, I don't know if any players do that and it's a small thing.

Video quality is great - and the sound quality on videos seems to be better than when watching them direct on the pc! (Though maybe that says more about my pc speakers..)

Radio is the weak point as far as I can see so far - it spends a lot of time searching for stations and not much time finding them. And as for searching manually, I gave that up a while ago. I also can't figure out how to set the presets, though sometimes I'm lucky and the existing presets work.

So on the whole it's great, but not quite the amazing all-rounder I was hoping for. Maybe some others here can help with some of the stuff I haven't yet figured out? I'll post here when I've worked it out too,

Jenny