android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen Vision:M > Zen Vision:M Hacks, Mods, & Repairs

Old 12-21-2011, 11:47 AM

Help Recovery chaos - switched hardrive into working ZVM to get the same problem

Hi, everyone! Basically looking for any advice/help. I literally refuse to believe I cannot recover my files but anyways. A couple of months ago, I dropped my ZVM but it continued to work that day but it wouldn't turn on that night. It gets stuck on the zen loading screen and I can hear it whirring away but sadly it doesn't do anything else. It doesn't reboot in the recovery mode either. So after some tantrum throwing I phoned creative...even though they don't offer support for it anymore. The guy I spoke to said that I should reload the firmware from recovery mode. I stressed to him that I really can't lose my files. He said he wasn't sure what would happen and if my files would be erased.

Cut to me asking data recovery companies asking if they could help. Most said they weren't overly familiar with creative because of the file system but one said that they recovered data recently from a zen v for 90. But he said it could be a lot more. So I bought a ZVM off ebay and swapped the hardrives. Just now. And I got the same problem so the hardrive seems to be the problem.

I was wondering if it would be worth sending it away? I don't know if they could do anything differently? Or if reloading the firmware would help? I don't know that much about the firmware. I have most of my files backed up except one file of a family party that has sentimental value. Any suggestions/advice/knowledge about the actual problem would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]