android
Old 12-23-2011, 09:43 AM

Default D2 SD Card Folder empty

on my ext drive with the 32gb sdhc card in it for some reason the music I just added is not showing up?

I have had the card in the D2 for close to a year, I made 5 different folders ie rock blues etx. I decided to add some new music so I deleted one of my old folders to free up some room and created a folder playlist1

I put the music in that and it will not show up in the D2? I waited a few hours and rechecked and still nothing (usually when I add new music it iates a few hours to show up)

The SDHC card has 2gb free on it?

Also I tried installing using Jet Audio instead of just draggging and dropping. Still no go?

TIA,
J

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-23-2011, 10:04 AM

You seem to have a lot of files on the card. I believe the D2 had a maximum limit of 8000 files, 4000 each on the internal and external memory.

Edit: This limit seems to be for audio and video files only. See here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=34097

Last edited by El C; 12-23-2011 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Found a link confirming the limits

Old 12-23-2011, 10:12 AM

As I mentioned when I installed the 32gb card last year I broke down the music into 5 different folders which always worked great. So I do not think that is the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by El C View Post
You seem to have a lot of files on the card. I believe the D2 had a maximum limit of 8000 files, 4000 each on the internal and external memory.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

Unfortunately, I don't have a 32GB card to test, though many have been able to use them without problems. I'm surprised that it takes a few hours for the files to show up, do you get the 'database refresh' every time you turn on the device?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:25 AM

Yes database does refresh, I found out over the years when you put a lot of music in it may take a few hours to overnite.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:33 AM

I'm going to assume that the card is still in good condition.

Can you check how many files you have altogether on the card? The 4000 limit is for the entire card, not per folder. Try removing older files and then see if the newer ones start showing up.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Card is good, I tried removing files as I mentiond already. If I remember you can get by the 4K limit by using folders as I said I have hid this card in the D2 for over a year w/o any problems. I just redid the last folder and now its just sitting there when try to open it or any other foldes on the SD card which i suspect that the D2 is just digesting the new music, its now showing the number of songs in the new folder which it did not before. WIll check it again in a few hours.

Old 12-26-2011, 06:29 AM

I had this happening a few times with a 32Gb SDHC card as well.
At some point the D2 stopped refreshing the database correctly.

The only solution I found:

Using SDFormatter to format both the flash memory and the SD card, and putting back the music.
D2 has been working perfectly since then and boots faster than ever.

Headphones: AKG K240-MKII
To sell: JVC HA-FX300, Philips SHE9850

Old 12-26-2011, 08:02 AM
ABI Invaluable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tienbasse View Post
... Using SDFormatter to format both the flash memory and the SD card, and putting back the music.
D2 has been working perfectly since then and boots faster than ever.
I agree and it's certainly worth a try as this has has corrected issues on my players too. While formatting does nothing more than erase all the data on you player, it seems to fix a lot of issues.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-26-2011, 08:34 AM

After talking w/ Cowon I ended up reformatting the D2 and reinstalling the 2.59 firmware as well as reformatting the 32gb SD card, all is back to normal again, now I have to reinstall all the tunes again.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I agree and it's certainly worth a try as this has has corrected issues on my players too. While formatting does nothing more than erase all the data on you player, it seems to fix a lot of issues.

Tags
d2