android
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 AM

Default Brainwavz HM3 Review

Hey guys,

First post here and thought my review would make a good one

I've written a short review on the HM3s and thought I would post. Please feel free to ask questions and please make comments on the review as its my first (I already know its a little short)

----------------------------------------------------------

So its been around 3 weeks now since I bought myself these as a new pair of headphones to finally replace my stock apple ear bud and I've got to say I'm impressed. These headphones cost me all of $75 delivered yet their build quality and sound is well on par with far more expensive headphones, before buying these online with strong recommendations from the Headphonic team I went to the local electronics store and tried out their mainstream offering and to get anything near the clarity of these phones out of a pair of sennheisers would cost you easily double.

After receiving my phones I was telling my friends how great they are when my Beats fanatic friend piped up about how much better his studios were, so I gave them a try and while the studio's bass was nicer and all round better, the mids and highs sounded lost in the thumping background, while on the other hand the HM3s manage to keep everything in proportion.
As for comfort the HM3s stand out as well. I've tried out my friend's skullcandies a few time and they start to feel uncomfortable after only 30min which frankly isn't good enough. The HM3 however is quite comfortable. It has enough clamping force to hold them in place, but not enough to get the all to common clap of death. The only issue is that as they are closed they don't allow for any air flow and can get a little hot if your moving around or when its one of the all too common 30+ degree days here in Australia.
They come in great looking packaging through which you can easily see the phones, which in themselves look amazing.

All in all the HM3s are a nice set of phones that wont set you back a fortune and can punch well above their weight.

Link to review:
http://richosreviews.blogspot.com/20...m3-review.html

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 AM

Got to be the same as the fischer FA-004

Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamula View Post
… First post here and thought my review would make a good one
'G'day' and welcome to abi please don't take my comments personal as I mean no insult ...

Quote:
… to get anything near the clarity of these phones out of a pair of sennheisers would cost you easily double.
I find this statement too broad, I’ve seen some great deals on Sennheisers in the $75.00 to $100.00 range and Sennheisers are well respected headphones. What specific models are you referring to?

Quote:
… my Beats fanatic friend piped up about how much better his studios were, so I gave them a try and while the studio's bass was nicer and all round better … I've tried out my friend's skullcandies a few time …
Comparing them to beats doesn’t mean much IMHO, they’re overpriced and generally not that good with poor build quality. I doubt any members even own them, same goes for skullcandies … crap IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Larch View Post
Got to be the same as the fischer FA-004 ...
Another Chinese OEM with a sticker sprayed on

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-09-2012, 09:20 AM

... And Brainwavz HM5 = Fischer FA-003 as well . Ever since they made B2 (=DBA-02), they have been busy.

Old 01-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Default Opinions

Thanks for the opinions WalkGood, unfortunately my access to other headphones is limited to my friends and the sample headphones at my local electronics stores, which is limited to the low range Sennheisers and beats. looking back the Sennheisers statement was pretty unfair as I was looking at the stores price and here in Australia the Sennheisers importer sets the rrp at way higher then that of the rrp in the US. So you could probably change the double to same price.