android
Old 12-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Default recommend a mp3 player

hello all! my first post! anyways..

I'm having a big problem with deciding which mp3 to get..I will write the basic details and features I'd like, and we can start from there?

Oh btw, I've owned a 5th generation ipod nano, but I sold it because I rather have something much "well priced" and I rather not have an ipod that costs so much, when I can find a mp3 player just as good and cheaper. (plus I needed the money which is why I sold it) also had a first edition zune, which I adored but somehow it died on me due to battery life lasting less than an hour.. o.O (I basically say the zune was perfect, but I'd love something that could last longer and well,a bit cheaper too)

so as my big Christmas gift to myself..(yeah yeah..) I'd like to buy myself a brand new mp3 player, here are the important details I'd like.

-Sound quality
-voice recorder
-video (decent quality)
-pictures (I would love for the pictures at least to look decent..which is why I loved my zune ._.)
- NO touch screen, I'll stick with buttons and such.
-drag and drop feature
-color variety could be nice, but it's not as important as the rest.
-8GB-16GB tops
-price range 100-110 USD
-must have the choice to put a plastic case on it (not silicone etc), because I go crazy without good protecting, I'm very clumsy, and I carry around my mp3 all the time.

that's about it! I don't mind if it's a bit more than 110! but please understand, I'm trying to go on the cheaper side!

thanks so much guys~!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 PM

anyone? would love to order a proper mp3 soon, I'm going crazy with so many and such..

Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Administrator

Sony NWZ E465 should do what you want. I'm not sure about accessories like the hard case and I believe the color choice is black only but it has the rest.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Would this sort of case do?

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...52921666374405

Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Ultra Senior Member

It doesn't do voice recording though,...

Old 12-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
It doesn't do voice recording though,...
According to the Sony site it does voice recording. I've taken a real good look at this one. If either of my Sonys even hiccup it's going to be the replacement. If it came 32 GB or had a card slot I'd have one now.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:37 PM

something like this =)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crystal-Smok...item3cbf85f2fc

Actually, I've checked for the sony e465 and sadly they don't have plastic cases, instead of silicone..

I really dislike silicone cases, and my previous ipod nano has received so many falls but was saved by the plastic case, so I'd love a new mp3 to have the accessory of a crystal/plastic

thanks so much tho >_<

Old 12-07-2011, 08:20 PM

I consider myself a tad bit of an audiophile, I'd recommend only 2 products: cowon and sony. As always, pick one that suites your needs.

I've had the cowon s9 and it has served me well.

1. Cowon has a ton of eq settings to choose from. While the sony, they don't have as much.
2. About the audio quality, I'd say cowons are more balanced as suppose to the heavy-ish bass sony.
3.If you're using a mac, I found the s9 annoying when it comes to unplugging and plugging the usb. If the s9 doesn't get plugged out properly, it crashes when you turn it on. Sony's got no problems with it.
4. As for the build quality, sony would win on this one. My s9 is pretty much made of plastic. I'm the kind of person who actually takes good care of anything that I own. I'm a bit of a neat freak so everything has to be pristine to me. It's a mental thing. I took care of my s9 but it's just so plastic-y to me.
5. For the features that you seek (video playback, voice recording, radio), I'd pick cowon. They play almost every type of music file out there...tons of video format... I'm not gonna put so much detail into this. Always look at the specs.
6. Expandable memory - cowon would win.
7. User interface - sony takes this one.

Don't limit yourself to these 2, I'd consider sansa also.

Tags
cheap, mp3 player, pictures, recommend, sound quality