android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 12-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Default How to make/set up wireless bluetooth headphones

Hey, i have a walkman nwz-b153f and a pair of philips shn2500 niose cancelling earphones. i'm absolutely sick and tired of fiddling with the cable for the earphones, having it caught on my bag, shirt, etc and i was wondering if there is a way to make everything wireless. like a wireless transmitter at the walkman end and a wireless receiver at the earphone end. thnks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-06-2011, 04:16 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Yup, its possible, ofcourse if your player doesn't support bluetooth natively then adding a Bluetooth radio adapter means you only get sound and volume control.

You'd just need something like this Sony BT audio transmitter (Note this is not worth 150$ its just hard to come by these days, I got mine for 20$ at a store that wanted to get rid of them :P ) and then a BT receiver for your headphones like this Sony Ericsson MW600. Unfortunately due to the fact that almost everything now has built in bluetooth finding a BT audio transmitter for a music player is a bit difficult.

One other thing to remember about bluetooth gear is that its heavily dependant on both parts being good. If you get a nice BT receiver like the MW600 it may sound like garbage if you pair it with a bad internal BT radio/transmitter. I usually trust Sony over other manufacturers and I'd stay away from no name chineese adapters.

Ofcourse all this just makes it so that you dont have a wire connecting you to the player. It actually adds a whole lot more wires Still these wires can maybe be hidden away a lot easier I guess.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:35 PM

is there anything i have to look out for when choosing which receiver to pair with the headphones, like different bluetooth versions or something like that?

Last edited by ngfman; 12-08-2011 at 11:00 PM.