android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players > General MP3 Player / PMP Discussion

Old 12-07-2011, 11:07 AM

Ok. Thanks. My brother said the Fuze V2 Rockbox apparently had a bug where the screen would fry, are there any major bugs with it still? It definitely looks like a Fuze for me now. :P

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-07-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltowolf View Post
My brother said the Fuze V2 Rockbox apparently had a bug where the screen would fry, are there any major bugs with it still?
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS...44_Clip_43_41:.

Old 12-07-2011, 03:46 PM

I take it that's a no basically? Aside from not detecting docks and freezing sometimes.

Well, thanks everyone, Skip, you were especially helpful. I've decided on the Fuze. Thanks again for all your help.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Administrator

If you're looking at using Rockbox on a Fuze you'll need to know where the page Enigmatic linked you to is. The AMS status page Enigmatic linked is one of the places to check when you are having unexpected behaviors or if you want to know if something is a feature or a bug. Rockbox is actually fairly simple once you get used to it but it isn't what I would consider intuitive. In order to get the most from it you'll need to do some reading.

The place to start would be reading the manual from Getting Started through The Main Menu. Another place you may find important for keeping up to date is the since 4 weeks page. Rockbox is in continuous development and it's possible for essential behaviors to change between on build and the next. If you don't know where to check you may think an intended change is a bug.

Major changes will be posted in the Release Notes (Hmmm...just noticed 3.10 was released today) but those are only updated about once every 3 months with a new release. When you look at the release notes for 3.91 you'll see that the brightness was lowered on the Fuze V2 screen quite a while ago to deal with the issue you mentioned.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:42 PM

Ok. Will do. Thanks.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:51 PM

Well thanks for all your help guys, I got a Fuze and LOVE it. Thanks for all your help.

EDIT: I also recently installed Rockbox on my Fuze and love that too! Crossfeed is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Thanks for suggesting me the Fuze again, absolutely love it!

Last edited by Baltowolf; 01-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Tags
creative, e300, iriver, touch, zen