android
Old 12-02-2011, 06:53 PM

Default Cowon i10 connecting problem

Hello, iīve recently bought a Cowon iaudio 10, and i am having problems, the two first days i could connect the player to PC and works, although it takes a bit long for the Pc to recognize the player, but today the PC donīt detects the player anymore, it dosnīt even charge and it doesnīt charge either with and USB power adapter

I need help, y donīt know what can be wrong

PD: Sorry for my bad english

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 PM

Is it set for USB connection in the settings? Could your cable be bad, try using a different cable, that’s all I can think of.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 12-03-2011, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Is it set for USB connection in the settings? Could your cable be bad, try using a different cable, that’s all I can think of.
You mean the USB settings in the player? I have tried MSC and MTP, none works

Unfortunately i canīt try with another cable because the other USB cables i have are the standard USB mini cables for Mp4 not the cowon propietary

Old 12-21-2011, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcos669 View Post
You mean the USB settings in the player? I have tried MSC and MTP, none works

Unfortunately i canīt try with another cable because the other USB cables i have are the standard USB mini cables for Mp4 not the cowon propietary
Am also facing the same issue...how to do this

Old 12-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior047 View Post
Am also facing the same issue...how to do this
I am doing RMA, i will post what ever happens

Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I am doing RMA, i will post what ever happens
Hello,
The slot of USB on player is kind of not fit in. The cable doesn't make a "tuk" sound when inserted in the slot. R ya facing the same issue? I need to push the cable in little harder to connect the same....pls confirm

Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Hello,
The slot of USB on player is kind of not fit in. The cable doesn't make a "tuk" sound when inserted in the slot. R ya facing the same issue? I need to push the cable in little harder to connect the same....pls confirm
No, my cable made sound when i plug in, but the player was not recognized, today i have received a new i10 and seems to work fine

Old 12-27-2011, 07:48 AM

Hi, I got one yesterday and had a problem with connecting too - I tried disconnecting and holding the vol + and - buttons for 4 seconds and it recognised it the next time.. So far there are a few other teething problems I'm having too, but I think it'll be worth persevering with, J

Old 12-27-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
No, my cable made sound when i plug in, but the player was not recognized, today i have received a new i10 and seems to work fine

Initially, the cable is loose when I fit in the slot and nothing happens...Had to push the cable harder to detect the player and get CHARGE+SYNC, but still there is no "tuk" sound...moreover the cable goes only 70% in and there is no perfect fit as in hard drives...now its fine if i leave in tat way....but even if i touch the cable, it disconnects and powers off..its tat loose...is this normal?

Old 12-27-2011, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Initially, the cable is loose when I fit in the slot and nothing happens...Had to push the cable harder to detect the player and get CHARGE+SYNC, but still there is no "tuk" sound...moreover the cable goes only 70% in and there is no perfect fit as in hard drives...now its fine if i leave in tat way....but even if i touch the cable, it disconnects and powers off..its tat loose...is this normal?
No, not normal, the cable has to plug completely in the Mp4, and should work even if you move the Mp4, should not loose connection that easy

Old 01-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Default Update should fix it

According to their site, cowon has released an update that's supposed to fix the USB recognition issue...and you can of course update this firmware on your device if only you can get the computer to recognize it. It's a catch 22.

http://www.cowonglobal.com/zeroboard...&bmenu=support

Hope this helps. Currently trying it myself.