android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2011, 12:40 AM

Default Headphone recommendation for under $200

Hi, am looking for a new pair of headphones...very new to this, have a cheap pair of in-ears that I put when the ones that came with my MP3 player broke...always seemed bent on Beats by Dre but after looking at this site and others, realized it is probably not a good investment for the money. Anyways, hear is my info that I can provide about the ones I want or can afford (btw I listen to 99% rap if that helps too) thanks in advance.

Price - around $200 or less
Type/Design - something portable (mainly using them when walking to school/in between lectures)
Style - this is not a big deal to me, wouldn't pay extra if I can get same sound quality with open style for cheaper price
Location of use: Most likely walking to school/at school, don't care about sound quality much when at home
Sound Signature: well I listen to almost all rap so whichever headphones bring out the best quality in that genre of music
Media: rap/hiphop
Source: Almost all the time will be my mp3 player, probably occasionally use them with laptop but rarely

Also, read a few other sites, but most of the top-rated headphones are extremely out of my price range and not that knowledgeable in headphones. Would appreciate anyone's help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]