android
Old 11-22-2011, 09:16 AM

Default Clip Zip screen gone red

Yesterday evening everything was ok. Noone touched it at night. In the morning i hooked it up to the pc, without looking, put 2 new music folders and went out. The next time i looked at the screen, Everething was red. It still displayes everything its supposed to display, as if its all normal, plays music just fine, but everything on the screen is in an annoying red color, writings, album art, even the startup animation. Tried resetting, formatting and firmware update. Im afraid that its the hardware...some lense or something.
What can i do?

Thanks =]

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko12ko12 View Post
... What can i do?
Email or call their tech support for an RMA approval, shouldn't be a problem as they're very good and you should have a new player in a week.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-22-2011, 09:22 AM

Hmmm thanks, ill do that

Old 11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Actually, even better if you easily can exchange where you bought the player from, to avoid getting a refurb as a replacement (it sometimes happens) and possibly to start the warranty period anew.

Old 11-22-2011, 11:28 AM

if i can find the receit...

Old 11-22-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikerman View Post
Actually, even better if you easily can exchange where you bought the player from, to avoid getting a refurb as a replacement (it sometimes happens) and possibly to start the warranty period anew.
I've only done 2 RMA's and both that I received were brand new in da box, I didn't know that they could replace with refurbs.

Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
if i can find the receit...
If you can't find it and the seller doesn't have the record, deal with SanDisk's Customer Service (by phone is fastest)--as the Clip Zip has only been out for a few months, it's still under the warranty period, with or without a receipt. In the U.S.: 1-866-SANDISK (726-3475). And other SanDisk contact information: http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I've only done 2 RMA's and both that I received were brand new in da box, I didn't know that they could replace with refurbs.
Yep--have read that this has happened. And the replacement device doesn't get a full warranty period, but rather falls under the original (and so if you're 11 months into the original warranty period, the replacement device only gets a month)--a real bummer (and unfair, it seems to me, although I guess it stops people from claiming that their device is broken every 11 months).

Old 12-25-2011, 02:28 PM

damn i have the same problem! got the red tint and everything is brighter....but if i press down on the case or screen it goes away...happened only a few times so far but its my first day.
I cant return it because it was a gift....
really disappointing
(also i have rockbox on it...wont this mess with my warranty?)

Old 12-25-2011, 02:37 PM
Redneck Moderator

You could take RockBox off and restore the original firmware, they wont know or care. Alot of times if you call in and tell them it was a gift you can still get them to RMA it, just depends on how smooth talker you are.

Ruger M77 , Howa 1500 , Czech Republic 452-2E
Ruger .22 Single Six, Springfield Armory XD-9 , Springfield Armory XD45ACP
2007 Elite Archery Synergy

Gamo CFX, Gamo PT80
Large Rock

Need your headphones fixed or something soldered? Syndrome's Soldering Service

Old 12-25-2011, 03:00 PM

so il get my girlfriend to call :P

Old 12-28-2011, 01:29 PM

well my screen has not done it since so i think im not going to bother...but i do have weird lines across my screen but im not sure if its normal...for example next to text or something.... especially with other colors (like when i change the background color of my rockbox to red) the white fonts always have horizontal ghosting next to it....
is this normal and in all the clips because of the not so good screen?

EDIT: damn it happened again few mins after i posted this....
and when it happens the horizontal ghosting on texts is even more extreme....
i think my player is faulty...this is so lame!

EDIT2:
Now its permanently broken....started happening within 1 day of getting it...and 4 days till it permanently broke.
i dont even know if i still want another one!!
i wrote to sandisk i hope they respond tommorow

Last edited by warzinak; 12-28-2011 at 11:21 PM.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Simply FYI, if SanDisk has a phone number in your area (e.g. U.S. with a toll-free number), it often is faster telephoning the company rather than waiting for a response to an email.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:55 AM

I called an RMA into SanDisk direct via toll free number once and had my replacement in 5 days, great turn around time IMO.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Yesterday evening everything was ok. Noone touched it at night. In the morning i hooked it up to the pc, without looking, put 2 new music folders and went out. The next time i looked at the screen, Everething was red. It still displayes everything its supposed to display, as if its all normal, plays music just fine, but everything on the screen is in an annoying red color, writings, album art, even the startup animation. Tried resetting, formatting and firmware update. Im afraid that its the hardware...some lense or something.
What can i do?

Thanks =]
Hi ko12ko12, any updates? Were you able to call for an RMA and receive a new replacement?

Like you, I just suddenly experienced this "red tint on screen" thing just yesterday and while everything is okay and plays nicely, it's ANNOYING! I like my screen as it was before.

I'm also gonna plan ahead to call in an RMA and like you, do not have my receipt. Just a quick question for all who have done this: Where would I find my product part number?

I have a 4G Clip Zip & I'm guessing it's at the bottom of the "lip" of the clip when you lift up the top part? It's the one in gray letters/numbers?

Thanks in advance! I hope this works as I've never done this before and know how "unfriendly/rude" some customer service people could be

Old 01-07-2012, 08:47 AM
Administrator

The numbers under the clip designate color and capacity AFAIK. If you're looking for the serial number connect the player in MTP and check the Properties in Windows Explorer. You'll see the unique serial number there.

If you bought it online the vendor should have a copy of what's needed for a RMA. If you didn't I'd call them anyway. The problem wouldn't seem likely to fix itself and may possibly get worse. As Mikerman says they've only been available a few months. They should take that into consideration in a warranty claim. It's too early in the release cycle for there to be any refurbs. With none of those around yet a receiptless return should be possible.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:55 AM

does sandisk refund shipping?

because its prob going to cost abit to ship from UK to Czech Republic.

Last edited by warzinak; 01-11-2012 at 11:06 AM.