android
Old 11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
General Audio Moderator

Default Skyward Sword

Picked up my copy this morning as the special edition with the collectors edition game guide. The game guide came with a cloth map which rocks. So far I played about 3 hours of the game and have to say it is one of the best games to date. The controls are excellent and even on the wii hardware the graphics are nothing short of amazing. The story and music are also pretty great so far. If you have a wii get it, if not, sucks to be you.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-20-2011, 08:40 PM

Oooh.

I sort of want it but to me the graphics look so bad that I might skip it. . .

Doesn't it look worse than TP to you? idk why people think it has good graphics.

Old 11-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Ultra Senior Member

More interested in...

/thread derailment.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:02 PM

Still debating on skyrim myself, maybe ill pick it up next week or when i have some time lol.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:06 PM

Bleh, I can't stand RPG's but I'm debating weather to find my Wii (IIRC have one somewheres :P) or just get Uncharted 3 for the PS3. . .

Old 11-20-2011, 10:01 PM
General Audio Moderator

I waited in line to get skyrim at midnight, the game is very good but skyward sword can not be directly compared to it. Anyway skyward sword is a nice break from playing skyrim almost 8 hours a day since launch. Also yes it is the best looking wii game and zelda to date imo. As uncharted 3 goes, I have heard nothing but negative about the 1 player campaign as in it is short and extremely cookie cutter game play.

If you are going to pickup skyward sword, you will need wii motion plus controller or the add on. Also this is by far the hottest link yet :P.

Last edited by yuki; 11-20-2011 at 10:14 PM.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:10 AM

I want a wii but i need to upgrade my xbox first since im running a 1st gen lol.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Skyward sword is probably the reason I'll finally get a Wii... that is once I finnish with Skyrim

btw what kinda stuff does that art book have in it?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:20 AM
General Audio Moderator

It is not an art book, it is the game guide. It has the hidden items of the game, it is useful to younger players and people without patience, or people who collect Zelda things :P. The collectors edition comes with fake gold leafing on the pages and a cloth map.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:33 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Ooh, so its separate from the game itself?

*Edit* Ahh found it- strange that it wasn't listed on Amazon.com but I found out that they have a whole collection of other similar strategy guides for older Zelda games which is kind of awesome o_O I love to look through game related art books and such, get so much inspiration from them. Sometimes far better then playing the game itself :P

Last edited by Jack4L; 11-21-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:32 AM
General Audio Moderator

I do love me zleda stuff, and art book would be really nice for skyward sword. Link is so pretty in this one.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

I am interested in the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. It looks to be a fantastic game. Check out the review here: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56257/the...-video-review/

Last edited by musichound; 11-28-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Old 11-22-2011, 08:28 AM
General Audio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by musichound View Post
I am interested in the Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim. It looks to be a fantastic game. Check out the review here: http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56257/the...-video-review/
This is not a skyrim discussion, I know reading can be hard and the topic could be a bit cryptic. Please make a skyrim thread if you wish to discuss it.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 AM
General Audio Moderator

Skyward sword is easily one of the best games of the year, but it is also one of the best Zelda games imo. It beats out my previous 2 favorites being ocarina of time and wind waker.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
This is not a skyrim discussion, I know reading can be hard and the topic could be a bit cryptic. Please make a skyrim thread if you wish to discuss it.
Undeleted my post because I wasn't the only person who voiced about the Elder Scrools Yuki,. Threads can go on tangents, you know, and if you are going to voice about my post you will need to address the other ones as well. It's worth mentioning about the Elder Scrolls because it has been said to be the greatest role playing game in console history, so I believe, as well as the other posters who voiced this here, is worth noting.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
General Audio Moderator

I did not delete the posts... But again zelda is topic not skyrim, start a skyrim thread if you want to talk about it. Zelda series is not an rpg so it has not relevance.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 AM
Off-Topic Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
I did not delete the posts... But again zelda is topic not skyrim, start a skyrim thread if you want to talk about it. Zelda series is not an rpg so it has not relevance.

No, my point was that you addressed me specifically about skyrim, which you were correct. I didn't say you deleted the posts either. that was me instead. However, there were two posters before me who posted the same. They went on tangents also, and you were incorrect for not referring to the other posters besides me. I originally deleted my post and yours, but I decided to undelete them so you can see what I am referring to. In the end, if you want to stay specifically on topic, all posts other than posts referring to your topic should be deleted as well also. Please PM me if you have any questions, because any other conversation about this should stay out out of the forums.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Old 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM

I am still debating on whether I should get the game with the remote. I already have a Wii Remote Plus but I really like that gold controller.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 PM

I went and picked up a copy today and so far I really like it. It is nice that they included a CD with it.