android
Old 10-31-2015, 03:56 AM

Default Sometimes my YP-R0 won't start, not until several tries.

Hallo to everybody!!!
First of all, I must say that the problem I am going to explain now, is not something completely new to my YP-R0. I mean, I have Lightbox (only Lightbox, no dual boot) on my device since a couple of weeks, but I had this same problem when I used the original Samsung firmware (1.25).
Of course I never had this problem in the past, it is something that started to happen only a few weeks ago: SOMETIMES I need several tries until my device starts. For instance, now that I have lightbox, it won't go further than the penguin. In those occasions, I need up to 4 or 5 tries until the device finally starts, and then, once it has started, it works perfectly. Other times, it just starts at first try. Of course, I have tried several solutions: for instance, to totally format the device, and reinstall the firmware again. But the problem remains the same. Any advice, opinion, will be welcomed! Thank you very much!!!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-01-2015, 03:15 PM
Samsung Moderator

Did you try a CheckDisk?

Old 11-01-2015, 04:41 PM

No, I didn't! Can you tell me how to do it, Lebellium?

Old 11-02-2015, 02:35 AM

Is it like when you make a checkdisk of the hard drive of your computer? Should I connect my Samsung device to my laptop and from my laptop make a checkdisk of the YP-R0 memory? Thanks for answering, Lebellium!

Old 11-02-2015, 05:16 AM

I am making it using my Laptop. I will tell you the results in a while, Lebellium.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:01 AM

No problems after the chkdsk, Lebellium. Any other advice or idea will be welcomed. Thanks!

Old 11-02-2015, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXUTXI72 View Post
No problems after the chkdsk, Lebellium. Any other advice or idea will be welcomed. Thanks!
Sorry! I meant there is no problem with my device's memory, not that the problem I explained is gone

Old 11-05-2015, 06:50 AM

The thing seems to get worse and worse... It looks like my device is dying

Old 11-08-2015, 04:14 AM
Samsung Moderator

The problem is that it could be really true...it may be dying.

I met several cases of YP-R0 and YP-R1 with dead flash memory.

Unfortunately I don't really have further ideas. If the recovery tool (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=69099) doesn't help, then it's an hardware issue.

Old 11-13-2015, 02:52 AM

Thank you very much for your answer, Lebellium. Yes, the player is certainly dying, because no matter the firmware you install on it, the problem remains the same. And I cannot try the recovery tool, as I cannot build that special cable myself. I don't know where could I get the cable either. if there's a web on internet where it can be bought, I haven't found it so far. Anyway, I think it's a hardware problem, so it can not be solved through the recovery tool. I think I bought the YP-R0 over five years ago. Although it has some serious bugs, there's one thing on it I really love: its radio player. I live in a small town (some would call it a village) in the south-west of Spain, where it is quite hard for most mp3-players to tune most of the national radio stations. But with my YP-R0, this problem doesn't exist. That's why I will really miss it, once it definitely dies. If in the near future I decide to buy a new device, I would like to get one with the same radio player quality as the YP-R0 (or even better )