android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM

Default Clip+ dead? Replacement options?

Hi,

First time poster, but lurked on this forum a couple of years ago when looking for reliable information.

My Clip+ has just died I think. Using a Wall socked/USB plug and it shorted out with a nice burning smell. As a result the Clip+ won't power on, and I've tried holding the power button for 20seconds to do a reset. If I connect it to a wall charger it does take charge though, but I think this means it's broken beyond repair? Can someone confirm?

Secondly, if this means I'm in the market for a new player, then I like the look of the new Clip Zip, but wondering if there are any alternatives I should be comparing to. I use the player when running and cycling, so small and with a clip to attach to clothing is a must. Ideally something with a bit more volume than the Clip, but I think in this form factor the players are probably all roughly the same in the volume output specs.

My Clip+ was 8gb and I hadn't expanded it with a micro card, so expandability isn't mandatory, but is an added bonus (and I am about to have a spare 2gb card to use also).

Look forward to comments on the "deadness" of my clip+ and suitable replacement options other than the Zip.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]