android
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 AM

Default Meelec CC51 - Beware the Cable ~_~

Hoihoi,

the cable is definitely the weak point. Even before the CC51 opened up to me two weeks ago, I had noted that the cable got more rigid over the last few months.

Today finally the isolation of the cable simple broke as I was rolling up the cable to but the earphones in their pouch ~_~:

So handle them with care!

I really like their sound signature, but they needs to do something about the cable.

@Meelec: Adjust the strain relief to use the A151 cables (if the necessary strain relief works with the ceramic housing)! That would also mean that we could use the new shirt clips. pppplllleeeaaaaazzzzzzz!

Now excuse me, I have to use some tape..

p.s.: Just got an e-mail from the Meelec distributer here in Germany. I should send them in and they will take care of the rest. Answering to an e-mail on a Sunday: I'm more than impressed ^_^

Last edited by Pinkys.Brain; 11-06-2011 at 06:19 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-06-2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkys.Brain View Post
Hoihoi,

the cable is definitely the weak point. ... Today finally the isolation of the cable simple broke as I was rolling up the cable to put the earphones in pouch ... use the A151 cables ... Now excuse me, I have to use some tape.

p.s.: Just got an e-mail from the Meelec distributor here in Germany. I should send them in and they will take care of the rest. Answering to an e-mail on a Sunday: I'm more than impressed ^_^
I know that sucks but the good part is you'll be getting new IEMs so you're not out your investment. I found MEEs customer support to be good about replacing IEMs when you have issues in the states, nice to know that they're good abroad too. BTW good idea about using the A151 cable for some of their other phones. I think we'll see that cable start appearing on other phones sometime down the road.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-06-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
[...]BTW good idea about using the A151 cable for some of their other phones. I think we'll see that cable start appearing on other phones sometime down the road.
While I'd love to see the A151 cable, I honestly don't think that we will get the A151 cable on CC51 in the foreseeable future. Meelec must be aware of the complaints about the cable and the shirt clip nuisance it results in. As far as I know Meelec does not produce themselves, but they rather buy the parts in Asia and then assemble the phones - correct me if I am wrong. I guess that is also why the ceramic housing of the CC51 was first seen in a Japanese in-ear model (Nakamichi NEP-XT1, uses a different driver, out of production, got produced in China; Review).

The Nakamichi model seems to feature exactly the same strain relief. So my guess is that they also use the same cable as the CC51 - the microphone also seems to be the same; only the L-plug seems to be different. Therefore I think, that Meelec might not be able to simply change the cable and the therefore needed strain relief - but I don't know there business deals, so it's just speculation from my side.

Last edited by Pinkys.Brain; 11-06-2011 at 07:07 AM.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkys.Brain View Post
... As far as I know Meelec does not produce themselves, but they rather buy the parts in Asia and then assemble the phones - correct me if I am wrong. ...
Correct but they don't even do the assembly, that's done for them in China. They do have some design and process patents IIRC for other things but I doubt that holds a lot of weight in China, if you know what I mean. AFAIK they do not own the rights to the A151 cable either, they had an exclusive on it for some time, not sure when that will expire. I would also agree with you that they probably won't use that cable on the CC51, but it would be nice. For the record, they do have a lot of design influence and final product spec input as well.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-14-2012, 08:03 AM

The black Meelec CC51 got exchange with a pair of white CC51. Good service here Germany (headsound.de).

Mild driver-flex on the right side, but not that bad. And as far as I could read on the internet mild driver flex sometime occures with this modell during the production...

(and the shirtclip is off. Getting practice with that part...)