android
Old 10-31-2011, 11:39 AM

Default blue wheel of death with a twist... I think.

I suppose this could be the actual blue wheel of death, but I don't think so.
From everything I've been able to find, the problems with the Sansa originate in the daughter board.

I have a sansa with the blue wheel of death and I had one where the headphone jack came loose. I figured since I don't microsolder and I don't do LINUX I could combine parts and get one working unit.
I took the daughter board off of the working unit and put it in the blue wheel of death unit and still have blue wheel of death. I put the DB from the BWOD unit in the bad headphone unit and it works fine.

So my question is this: Is this the plain old Blue Wheel of Death or do I have some new exotic disease? And if it's something different, what can you recommend me to do?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
ABI Invaluable

Why do you say that your problems "originate in the daughter board?" From your swap test it would seem to me that you have a bricked sansa and the only way out of that is a full recovery, even if you don't use linux that's the route I would proceed with (take the time to learn and follow the guide), take a look at Guide for recovering a bricked sansa.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 10-31-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Why do you say that your problems "originate in the daughter board?" From your swap test it would seem to me that you have a bricked sansa and the only way out of that is a full recovery, even if you don't use linux that's the route I would proceed with (take the time to learn and follow the guide), take a look at Guide for recovering a bricked sansa.
I guess I just assumed that a bricked sansa was bricked because of a problem with the daughter board. Thank you for clarifying.