android
Old 10-24-2011, 07:12 AM

Default Rockbox Theme: DFKT Minimum (480x800)

I made a minimal no-nonsense theme for Rockbox on Android (RaaA) with full touch support. This is only for 480x800 screens.

Short tap on artist/album/track: browser
Long tap on artist/album/track: menu

Short tap on album art: quick screen
Long tap on album art: context menu

Short tap on FFWD/REW: track skip
Long tap on FFWD/REW: FFWD/REW
Short-then-long tap on FFWD/REW: folder skip

Artist/album/track tag info falls back to folder/file display when no tags are present.

The progress bar has a peak meter built in. Looks nice while playing.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?t6u2mf5wb5f2akj

This needs a fairly current RaaA build. Daily builds can be found here: http://rasher.dk/rockbox/android/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM

What are the reasons for wanting to run Rockbox on more powerful computing platforms, such as those running Android? I've found Rockbox to be a godsend for Mp3 players, but rather limited in comparison to most database based music players.

Last edited by medion; 10-24-2011 at 08:09 PM.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Every music player has its flaws, but also its strengths. I don't use Rockbox, so I can't attest to these, but I do know that it has a rabid following. Regardless, this thread is for DFKT's theme, not to debate the merits of the software itself. There's another thread for that: LINK

So, please stay on topic, and no personal attacks (multiple posts deleted, let's not do that again).

Old 10-24-2011, 08:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

She's a looker. I'm assuming the usual Rockbox settings are all still available.

Old 10-25-2011, 03:45 AM

Sure, everything is there. This was of course build to my liking, but it should work for most other people's needs as well. It's just that these features might need two taps instead of one. E.g., personally, I only use folder browsing, but people using the database will find it in the context menu. I also don't use shuffle and such, but it's there as well, and can be put on the quick screen menu for easy access.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:17 AM

Nice Theme. I'm working on one also. It's great to have the increased resolutions so that information doesn't look so forced in. I can confirm that the Rockbox database does seem to work OK.

Old 10-25-2011, 07:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Excellent work,...I may have to test it out w/RB, since the powerAMP & stock music app on my Atrix 4G are annoying as all HELL!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:44 AM

New version: DFKT Minimum 480x800 v0.23

Added some more pretty graphics, and used Kugel's 32 bit alpha transparency Tango icons.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:20 PM

Cleaned up some code: DFKT Minimum 480x800 v0.24

Button press animations for FFWD/REW/skip still aren't optimal, but better than before.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:15 PM

New update, v0.27: http://www.mediafire.com/?8yfr9p7s5iodqx2

Lots of changes under the hood, taking advantage of new theme code functionality - so it needs a fairly new RaaA build.

The "RG" icon in the status bar is a Replaygain status indicator. Theme shows warnings when volume level is above 0dB, when sample rate isn't 44.1kHz, and when Replaygain is enabled but no Replaygain tags are available for the current track. Optimizations for chiptune format display are included as well.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:17 AM

dfkt,
Thanks for your functional and simplicity work on DFKT Minimum theme... I just set the "peak meter xxxx: off" since I don't care much about meter level(!) while listening to music. Who wants to kill battery life in an Android phone/player just to look at the peak meter