android
Old 10-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Default Clip & Fuze sound quality

Is the circuitry or chipset the same in both the Clip & the Fuze players (previous generation, not the + series)? I was just wondering if the SQ is/should be exactly the same?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH57 View Post
Is the circuitry or chipset the same in both the Clip & the Fuze players (previous generation, not the + series)? I was just wondering if the SQ is/should be exactly the same?
Yes. The newest variant of the Clip, the Clip Zip, continues on with that chipset.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
Yes. The newest variant of the Clip, the Clip Zip, continues on with that chipset.
Thanks, Marvin. Since my Fuze died last night, I have a Clip I'll be using.

Old 10-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH57 View Post
Thanks, Marvin. Since my Fuze died last night, I have a Clip I'll be using.
That's cool. I mainly mentioned the Zip because there are many people that can't live without their album art....and since you had a Fuze, the possibility existed that you might also feel that way.

But hey, if you got the Clip already, that's great!

Old 10-20-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
That's cool. I mainly mentioned the Zip because there are many people that can't live without their album art....and since you had a Fuze, the possibility existed that you might also feel that way.

But hey, if you got the Clip already, that's great!
Well, with their low price, I should just get one anyway and have two, with different types of music on each.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:14 PM

I have found that the sound quality from all of the Sandisk unit's my wife and I have owned, has been really good. They are also devoid of distortion too (I'm guessing that there is an internal gain govenor like that found in higher-end HT receivers). I thought that the old E130 I had, combined with it's original headphones sounded quite good, and I ended up using the 130's IEP's with my Fuze, as they sounded better than the ones that came with the Fuze. My wife borrowed and accidentally broke my 130's IEP's, so I bought her some JVC HA-F67's for her Fuze, and that combination was really surprising. Since I laundered my Fuze, and replaced it with a Fuze+, I got some of the Xtreme Xplosives IEP's, and they are STUPID loud on my new machine.

The SQ on these machines is superior to other mp3 players I've tried, and I found that with the right headphones, its as good, or better than the offerings from Apple.