android
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 AM

Default Sansa E260 Problems

I am trying to help fix a refurbished Sansa e260 but nothing seems to be working. Firstly, it takes several minutes for the player to turn on. It will sit at the initial SanDisk title screen for several minutes and when it finally turns on it asks me to select a language, each and every time. Once it turns on it seems to play files correctly, however when I try to add or remove anything it seems to freeze in the writing process. I have tried going into recovery mode and adding the sansa.fmt file. It will act as if it formats the player yet when I turn it back on there is no change. I have tried updating the firmware but it will again freeze in the writing process.

I have gone through the directions on each of the following pages several times but nothing seems to work.
http://fixmysansa.blogspot.com/
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=33823

No matter what I try, whether or not it appears to work, nothing on the player seems to change. If anyone has anymore insight into what might be going on here I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-31-2011, 10:21 AM

Default Wrong procedure

I don't think those procedures you referenced apply to you. Those are for when your Sansa won't boot at all and all you get is a blank screen and a blue wheel.

Have you tried installing new firmware instead of simply re-formatting it?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:03 AM

I'm stumped, the recovery should fix anything ... it could be a hardware problem and AFAIK you can't fix that because other than buying used you just can not get parts for them :/

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-02-2011, 09:11 AM

Yes, as I stated, I have tried installing new firmware. I could only assume that it is a hardware problem. One odd thing that I had noticed was when I was walking through the recovery process in Linux and I identified the device with the "lsusb" command that it listed the device as SanDisk c200. I dont know if that has any bearing on the problem or not but I found that odd. I can only assume that its shot, but I just find it weird that the player will still work yet you cant change anything on it. Thanks for the help.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:55 AM

That’s really strange because running in linux in the e200tool window the Sansa e260 v1 should look like: Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0781:0720 (but not bold)

The Terminal will show:
Code:
e200tool v0.2.3-alpha (c) by MrH 2006, 2007
Searching for device 0781:0720 ... found!
Initializing USB stub (4780 bytes) ... done!
Writing 'BL_SD_BOARDSUPPORTSD.ROM' to address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... 9 found!
Write at 0x10660198
Write done!
Running from address 0x10600000
Searching for device 6666:e200 ... found!
Execution started!
And if you can’t see device, look in the "disk – file browser" and it should appear only as “disk” (again not bold). Like I said really strange as you know the c200 is a completely different player, maybe the previous owner salvaged some part/s from a c200, I have no idea :/

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 AM

Yeah, it was a refurb so that might have something to do with it. But the screen looks just as you described when I run the e200tool, at least as far as I can remember. It came up as c200 when I was verifying that it was connected through the usb port with the lsusb command. Its my dads device and hes not too worried about fixing it. I just wanted to know if there was some other easy fix I hadnt found yet, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Thanks for the replies though.