android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphone Amplifiers (Portable)

Old 10-02-2011, 09:14 PM

Arrow Right portable amp advice needed: dt880 (32ohm) + cowon j3

hi,
i recently purchased a pair of beyerdynamics dt880 (32ohm) headphones to run with my cowon j3, although i really like the sound they produce, when i run the j3 through my x-fi soundcard (effects off) i get a much deeper\fuller\active sound which to me feels more like the intended sound these headphones are designed to produce.
great for when im sat at the pc but not so good for picnics and bike rides etc.

which i believe leads me to the need for a small portable amp.

im looking to spend as little as possible while not degrading the sound quality, also battery runtime is important to me with the cowon running for a day or two before it needs recharging, if possible i'd like to try and match this.

i was reading a forum post about the pico slim, but damn thats pricey and im guessing overkill for this setup, although the battery life and small form factor seems perfect for my needs, its just a lil too expensive ><

i know theres a few people here that really know theyre s**t when it comes to this stuff, so can anyone suggest any options for me (preferably based on experience).

any advice will be deeply appreciated as through searching i just seem caught between cheap and nasty , dodgy chinese seller and velvety luxury models.

thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-02-2011, 09:46 PM

http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E6-Headph...7609778&sr=8-2

That one might tick a few of your boxes. I have no personal experience but have heard good things about that one. Check the front page article.
More headphone amps on the front page.

Last edited by sideways; 10-02-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: brainfart

Old 10-02-2011, 09:49 PM

thanks m8, was just reading up on that and the e11, just need to save a lil money and jam a bigger battery in somehow and i think that might be me happy.

still want advice btw ...not getting away with it that easily

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 AM

The E11 lasts about 10 hours after a full charge iirc. I'm using the E7 with my laptop and my Clip+. The E7 is rated at 80 hours of battery life. It can drive my SR60 and HD438 to insane levels but I don't know if it will make your headphones sound any deeper/fuller/active than it already is. It sounds pretty transparent to me. Another sub-100 amp that has epic battery life is the PA2V2.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 AM

i'll take a look at that e7 ty, 80 hours sounds promising and saves the battery modding.

the xi-fi (titanium) card is known to be a bit lacking in bass as its a gamers card and tends to concentrate on the mid\high end of the spectrum so i get the feeling its simply a power issue, i think the j3 is rated at 16ohm and leaves me running it at almost full volume (38\40vol) to get some depth and balance, it was the same with my ue10 iem's (also 32ohm) (36\40vol).

i think i just need to drive the dt's a lil harder, although i may be wrong.
if i amped it it would also help increase the j3 runtime.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 PM

If you need a warm sub-100 portable amp, then maybe look at the PA2V2. 100 hours of battery life, lifetime warranty, 60USD including shipping.

I usually set the E7's volume at 30 and then use the Clip+ volume control to fine tune it. Both my headphones are rated 32 ohms but the HD438 is significantly less sensitive but the Clip+ can handle them fine. I have no experience with Cowons though... :s

Old 10-03-2011, 10:56 PM

theres just something missing from the sound, which is why i ditched the ue10's and moved to fullsize headphones, it was a big step closer, the highs on the dt's are a lot more balanced and the mids are a whole lot more spacious and prominent (if thats the right terminology). its just after listening to it via the soundcard it seems to come alive quite a bit more, bringing out something in the whole spectrum of sound. (more like the sound you get from decent speakers) i end up turning off any eq or enhancements on the j3 and just listening to some decent sound, i can only assume its a power issue as the soundcard does little for the bass in general (as a gaming card it tends to enhance the highs if anything, footsteps etc) and ive made sure any enhancements are off, but the bass it produces is nice and solid, if i connect the j3 directly to the phones it all turns a bit whispery throughout and this really annoys me.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:27 AM

Yeah, I prefer supra/circumaural to IEMs. I've only tried a couple of low end iems but they sound a little too sharp and smallish... full-size headphones sound a little more like speakers, I agree.

I don't know what's causing the difference in sound. The only option I see right now is to get a warm dedicated portable amp for your Cowon. That way you're getting more power to drive your headphones and the warm signature of the amp will help bring out the bass a little.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:01 PM

ok i got the warmth back viaa the j3's eq, turned out it was positive values that were causing the issue, i followed someones advice and lowered it all into negatives and it sounds much clearer and warmer, especially in the bass, funny how a -3 can give more bass than a +3 :\

it still needs a lil amping tho as unless its at near full volume certain sounds seem faded.

i'm still a lil uncertain about losing quality of sound through using a lower cost amp, and im gutted the e11 has only got 10 hours, it would have looked so refined strapped to my j3.

if anyone has any info regarding the quality issue i'd be greatly appreciative, in the meantime i need to start saving

Old 11-16-2011, 07:37 PM

Before you buy any unnecessary equipment, think about this:
The X-Fi card is not designed for headphones as far as I know and it is likely that it has relatively high output impedance. High output impedance is known to affect low-impedance (32 is low) headphones in negative ways, particularly when the bass is concerned. The bump in warmth that you get from the X-Fi is most likely distortion caused by the impedance issue. Although you might interpret it as better-sounding, you might actually be just making yourself believe that what you hear is better when in fact it is not. There are many reasons why you might be prone to doing this, out hearing can be extremely subjective based on what we see and what attitude we have towards any given piece of equipment.

The J3 is designed to drive headphones and has a low output impedance, which means that the DT880 is probably driven to its full potential by its amp. Adding another amp into this chain will most likely just introduce noise and degrade sound quality, rather than fixing anything. Instead, play around with the J3's generous EQ options to achieve the sound you desire...

EDIT: I find it hard to believe that you are not able to achieve satisfactory volume with your J3. I own a 250Ohm DT990 and it is driven by my iAudio i9 without any issues whatsoever, at about 25 volume level. It is more than loud enough.

Old 11-17-2011, 12:09 AM

thanks for responding

honestly it's not so hard to believe, ive spent many years using headphones and listening to loud rave music via pretty powerful systems, (starting at age 10 and im aged 32 atm) im very aware ive damaged my hearing slightly.

although saying that i still seem to have better hearing than most people as i seem to regularly hear things most people dont even notice, annoyingly so.
and im very finicky when it comes to sound, minor differences or imbalances drive me up the wall.
i feel what damage there is, is only a minor problem in terms of volume, frequencies could well be another matter :s

previously i owned a pair of ultimate ears 5, decent volume on the s9 but i couldnt stand the poor quality, so upgraded to ultimate ears 10's when i got my j3, much much better but severly lacking in midrange, and they seemed very tinn'y if thats the right expression (maybe thats the hearing loss) with those the higher frequencies hurt before i got a slightly balanced midrange (general volume 34-36).

these dt880 are very close to what i consider satisfactory in terms of balance, but there is just something lacking, certain ranges seem weak, its not necessarily about the warmth.

the x-fi is indeed designed to work with headphones and actively adapts the inputs and outputs to whatever you plug into it.

ive spent a long time messing with the eq, ive owned my j3 for almost a year now and previously an s9 for around two years.

i find any setting above 3 with the surround and 2 with stereo enhance degrades the sound badly, my eq is now pretty finely balanced and all in the negatives, which for some reason enhances the volume of certain ranges compared to positives (i need to research that bit), with the eq on normal (no dsp) i cannot reach a good listening volume, almost but ..well..no.

my listening levels atm go from 24 (in bed with the missus sleeping, over that n she complains she can hear it (which is a good indicator of the volume considering the open back design n the fact she's no more than a 1.5ft away in a quiet room (she isnt into loud rave music) to 38-39 during the day when its a lil noisier due to traffic and general city life.
another indicator is at vol38 i cant really listen to them if my son is watching tv or if my wife is on the phone, as it gets too irritating and i cant hear the music well.

perhaps i have a damaged j3, its far from unheard of for cowon to send out faulty goods.
or perhaps theres something up with these phones although i doubt it as the mechanics are a lot simpler.

(i might point out they are the old style without the blue ring).

i'm thinking perhaps i should go to a decent audio store and ask to test my setup via a top quality amp under the guise of buying and see what happens,,thats if i can find a quality audio store here in p.r. :\

i also found my wife's friend is a singer, her friend a dj and he works in the studio mastering various works for vinyl and cd production.
tbh i think he's my best bet to verify my setup.
he has recently produced some work as part of a group called mima which is pretty much all acoustic with vocals by a beautifully voiced singer (the friend) and considering they are just starting to step into the public eye (buy the cd if you speak spanish ) the last concert having 9000 people with riots outside due to the lack of seats\tickets is a lil indication that they arent a fly by night pub band with badly produced music.
i think he could possibly gauge the sound better than myself and hopefully he could tweak the eq further for me.

still i honestly feel it does need amping slightly and want to work out my options in advance.

i understand what you are saying, and my overall concern is the degradation of sound due to the amp, especially as i dont really have the cash for it,,i hoped the j3\dt combo would be audio heaven for me and im more than a little frustrated by the fact it just isnt right now, im also looking into the cheaper cable upgrades but i think the amp would come first.

i know the iaudio has a great reputation for powering powerful phones, with the j3\s9 im not so sure.
its more a case of it can in theory, in comparrison ive read many reviews from amp owners that use the j3 that claim the amp truly brings the headphones to life.

Last edited by Enzyme; 11-17-2011 at 12:26 AM.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzyme View Post
i understand what you are saying, and my overall concern is the degradation of sound due to the amp, especially as i dont really have the cash for it,,i hoped the j3\dt combo would be audio heaven for me and im more than a little frustrated by the fact it just isnt right now, im also looking into the cheaper cable upgrades but i think the amp would come first.
You want to upgrade your headphone’s cable?

Old 11-17-2011, 10:51 AM

Perhaps the answer to your problem might be a closed can, since leakage and isolation seem to be quite important issues for you.

Given your fondness of loud electronic music, I think the Ultrasone HFI 780 (or 580, 680 they are quite similar) or the Audio Technica ATH-M50 would be great for you. They both have quite balanced sound signatures with slightly emphasized bass and work great for all kinds of electronica.

Also, please don't buy cable upgrades since they won't improve the sound in any way, this is basically a scientific fact by this point. There is a lack of concrete evidence that they improve sound, while there are plenty of rigorous tests that suggest they are nothing but placebo. Recabling a headphone only makes sense if what you want is more practicality or a certain aesthetic choice.

Last edited by jupitreas; 11-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 AM

the leakage isn't so important, i wrote that in attempt to emphasize the volume issue in relation to

Quote:
"EDIT: I find it hard to believe that you are not able to achieve satisfactory volume with your J3. I own a 250Ohm DT990 and it is driven by my iAudio i9 without any issues whatsoever, at about 25 volume level. It is more than loud enough."
but, i'd rather modify the existing casing to make the 880's into a more sealed unit like the 990's, in fact i was looking into this and had been experimenting a little and wanted to close them up slightly (perhaps 20% compared to how they are now) as i do prefer the sound signature changes, making a slight change rather than full does create a mildy stronger (not louder) sound without losing any airiness (i'm lacking words here ).

and thanks for the advice on the cables, i do need to shorten the cable as im tired of tucking a loop of cable into my pocket and its bad for the wire to keep tight bends in it. i thought i may as well grab some very reasonable mogami wire and do a full replacement as it has been suggested it works very well with the 880's.
i in no way intend spending hundreds on prebuilt cables or send in mod's from a company like moon audio. there i feel the wire would probably be let down by the 880's.
although they do have pretty wire

as for wire being placebo, you make a pretty bold statement there.
i can imagine in some cases this is true, but if your telling me a strip of silver doesnt have different affects on conductance\sound compared to ...lets say a paperclip. then i have to disagree, professional audio engineers have worked for many years trying to find the correct materials, and spend many thousands of pounds on studio cables in order to get the most accurate sound possible, there is truth in this very technical chemistry and it is far from placebo.

i have done various upgrades to my hi-fi systems over the years, and cheap wire sounds cheap.

i do like my loud electronic music this is true, but above all else i value quality, which is why i own a cowon, i listen to a vast vast range of music ranging from blues to doo-wop to gabba techno and darkcore breakstep jungle to punk rock, i couldnt list all the genres if i tried.
im one of those people that gets deeply annoyed listening to sub 320 bitrates, most of my music is lossless format, even a few tracks from the rave genres.

also i do not have the money for new headphones, and im pretty certain these are the ones for me, well until i become very rich
i studied the forums and data graphs very thoroughly for a few months before making the choice to buy.

im pretty convinced i just need a slight volume increase for whatever the reason, but as im annoyingly picky about sound i just want some amp options that wont degrade the sound in comparison to the quality of the j3.

i might have to go and ask on the amp building forums and get some opinions from the amp geeks.

thanks for replying though and sorry for being such a pain about this i do value the input.

Last edited by Enzyme; 11-18-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
i in no way intend spending hundreds on prebuilt cables or send in mod's from a company like moon audio. there i feel the wire would probably be let down by the 880's.
although they do have pretty wire

as for wire being placebo, you make a pretty bold statement there.
i can imagine in some cases this is true, but if your telling me a strip of silver doesnt have different affects on conductance\sound compared to ...lets say a paperclip. then i have to disagree, professional audio engineers have worked for many years trying to find the correct materials, and spend many thousands of pounds on studio cables in order to get the most accurate sound possible, there is truth in this very technical chemistry and it is far from placebo.

i have done various upgrades to my hi-fi systems over the years, and cheap wire sounds cheap.
It is the placebo effect.

http://www.nousaine.com/pdfs/Wired%20Wisdom.pdf,
http://gizmodo.com/315250/pear-cable...ch-for-answers,
http://gizmodo.com/363154/audiophile...-a-coat-hanger,
http://www.theaudiocritic.com/downloads/article_1.pdf:
Quote:
Logically this is not the lie to start with because cables are accessories, not primary audio components. But it is the hugest, dirtiest, most cynical, most intelligence-insulting and, above all, most fraudulently profitable lie in audio, and therefore must go to the head of the list.
Quote:
The lie is that high-priced speaker cables and interconnects sound better than the standard, run-of-the-mill (say, Radio Shack) ones. It is a lie that has been exposed, shamed, and refuted over and over again by every genuine authority under the sun, but the tweako audio cultists hate authority and the innocents can’t distinguish it from self-serving charlatanry.

The simple truth is that resistance, inductance, and capacitance (R, L, and C) are the only cable parameters that affect performance in the range below radio frequencies. The signal has no idea whether it is being transmitted through cheap or expensive RLC. Yes, you have to pay a little more than rock bottom for decent plugs, shielding, insulation, etc., to avoid reliability problems, and you have to pay attention to resistance in longer connections. In basic electrical performance, however, a nice pair of straightened-out wire coat hangers with the ends scraped is not a whit inferior to a $2000 gee-whiz miracle cable. Nor is 16-gauge lamp cord at 18¢ a foot. Ultrahigh-priced cables are the biggest scam in consumer electronics, and the cowardly surrender of nearly all audio publications to the pressures of the cable marketers is truly depressing to behold.

(For an in-depth examination of fact and fiction in speaker cables and audio interconnects, see Issues No. 16 and No. 17.)
Quote:
im one of those people that gets deeply annoyed listening to sub 320 bitrates, most of my music is lossless format, even a few tracks from the rave genres.
Perhaps you should take a look at the following thread starting at post number five.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=66109.

Old 11-18-2011, 03:58 PM

umm no its not the placebo effect.

Quote:
yes, you have to pay a little more than rock bottom for decent plugs, shielding, insulation, etc.
nuff said.

the beyers dont come with decent quality cable with decent quality shielding.

mogami use decent quality shielding and core wire.

there is also crossfeed from the signal lines of poorly constructed cable to consider as well as rf interference,
the issue of wire gauge vs length and multi\single core cable differences (most of which fall into the brains perception of sound in regards to timing).

research "brainwave synchronization"

there are many advantages to not using basic cable, and i severely doubt that over the years, during constant testing in high tech scenarios such as professional studios that allll these people have got it wrong and should save money by using coathanger wire or even mains cable with some shielding around it and decent plugs (i have actually done that while being a bit broke and it sounds pretty crap).

i wouldnt bother taking gizmodo info as fact, they have some useful stuff but are often well off in there conclusions and results, they are not audio specialists.

tbh i'd take the fact that the professionals use (and have always used) high quality cable, as a sign that the websites are wrong.
money speaks a great deal louder than words.

you might also want to ask why amplifiers in general try to avoid wiring and circuit boards altogether and the top of the range components use point to point connections.

re cbr\vbr i have read that thread before, just remember your allowing a machine to gauge what can and cant be heard, what can be cut as silence and what should be kept, stepped waveforms do not sound the same as smooth waves, by using vbr the data is deeply stepped, in cbr it retains some of the depth found in the original wave form, and again i find it quite obvious when listening to a vbr recording that i know well, that it is just that. so i stick with cbr 320 for my ogg's if using the highest settings in vbr then there is no real difference in file size size. its a null point.
mp3\ogg encoding is still in its infancy and is best avoided.

so back to the subject at hand...do you have any amplifier advice or are we just gonna argue non-related points?

Last edited by Enzyme; 11-18-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM

In professional applications I could agree, but your talking about a short application with a j3 that most if not all in a double blind test can not tell the difference, so unless you ABX and clearly identify a difference it sure is placebo. Try to ABX with foobar2000, I think you’d be surprised.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 11-18-2011, 05:33 PM

The DT990 is actually a more open headphone than the DT880. Beyer even mentions this on their website by classifying the DT880 as a "semi-open" headphone.

Also, your arguments regarding cables are all based on anecdotal evidence, whereas the placebo argument can be backed up by countless methodologically rigorous studies. Beyer's own cables are more than good enough, they represent a standard professional cable quality that is really as good as it gets. All more or less esoteric cable upgrades sound exactly the same and the whole expensive cable market is basically one big scam. People buy esoteric cables because they need status symbols. Naturally, if there is ever any factual evidence that would prove that cables do in fact make a difference, I'll be glad to change my views. With this said, at the moment, based on all the studies that prove otherwise, it is far more probable that cable upgrades are all placebo.

The 'professionals' that you mention certainly don't use really high end cables. Mogami doesnt make 'high-end' cables either, their cables are pretty reasonably priced for a professional product, more or less the same as Cordial or other such companies. They represent the pinnacle of durable construction for cables, but they don't sound any better than cheap no-name cables. They are just more durable and have shielding, which potentially reduces audible interference.

Anyway, back to the issue at hand, I am afraid I don't really know what amp would let you achieve a much higher volume than your J3... The FiiO E9 comes to mind but it has a high output impedance, which might make it unusable with the 32 Ohm Beyer...

Old 11-18-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
umm no its not the placebo effect.
It is the placebo effect. When the placebo effect is eliminated, no one can hear a difference, ever. This has been shown many times. That Nousaine article is an example of this.

This is why vendors of extremely expensive wires dislike double-blind listening tests: they eliminate the placebo effect. This is why coat hangers can sound as good as fancy wires.
Quote:
there are many advantages to not using basic cable, and i severely doubt that over the years, during constant testing in high tech scenarios such as professional studios that allll these people have got it wrong and should save money by using coathanger wire or even mains cable with some shielding around it and decent plugs (i have actually done that while being a bit broke and it sounds pretty crap).
Well, I do not think anyone should be using coat hangers as part of their hi-fi. What I am trying to say is that inexpensive wires are good enough for sound quality.
Quote:
i wouldnt bother taking gizmodo info as fact, they have some useful stuff but are often well off in there conclusions and results, they are not audio specialists.

tbh i'd take the fact that the professionals use (and have always used) high quality cable, as a sign that the websites are wrong.
Inexpensive wires are also high-quality wires. This was demonstrated by Nousaine.
Quote:
money speaks a great deal louder than words.
Evidence speaks a great deal louder than money.
Quote:
you might also want to ask why amplifiers in general try to avoid wiring and circuit boards altogether and the top of the range components use point to point connections.
Amplifiers have also been ABXed.
Quote:
re cbr\vbr i have read that thread before, just remember your allowing a machine to gauge what can and cant be heard, what can be cut as silence and what should be kept, stepped waveforms do not sound the same as smooth waves, by using vbr the data is deeply stepped, in cbr it retains some of the depth found in the original wave form, and again i find it quite obvious when listening to a vbr recording that i know well, that it is just that.
It is not a machine that gauges what can and cannot be heard. In an ABX test, it is always a human that does the listening. To properly appreciate the effectiveness of an encode, an unbiased listen is always superior to a biased listen.
Quote:
WalkGood gave you good advice.
Quote:
so back to the subject at hand...do you have any amplifier advice or are we just gonna argue non-related points?
Someone reading this thread later might think that upgrading one’s wires might improve the sound quality. Someone reading this thread later might think that lossy files are a poor substitute for lossless files. We are not going to let that happen. Already there are too many disreputable audio vendors, too many disreputable audio forums, too many disreputable audio websites, and too many disreputable audio magazines that keep repeating the old myths.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:35 PM

Quote:
The DT990 is actually a more open headphone than the DT880.
lol's ok jupitreas ur right about the 990's i had it stuck in my head that they were a closed version for some reason (i have a poor poor memory and its been a while since i looked at that info), thanks for pointing that out.
still i do like the sound change with it a lil more closed.

Quote:
Beyer's own cables are more than good enough, they represent a standard professional cable quality that is really as good as it gets.
Quote:
Inexpensive wires are also high-quality wires. This was demonstrated by Nousaine.

and theres a huuge difference between inexpensive and cheap, mogami are inexpensive.
i consider plastic foil insulation as cheap, and generally inefective (especially when half the time it is not terminated at the jack)
in a house\city full of rf producing equipment, my pc produces enough rf on its own (internal audio cables and the card are all insulated and use ferrites), i dont like picking up strange hums and the like.

also i need to shorten my cable anyways so why not go for something inexpensive with decent insulation?

as i said i wouldnt pay for anything expensive, i dont feel the differences would be noticable by myself.

Quote:
Someone reading this thread later might think that upgrading one’s wires might improve the sound quality. Someone reading this thread later might think that lossy files are a poor substitute for lossless files. We are not going to let that happen.
then please stick to the point of my request and stop the random arguments such as vbr issues.

Quote:
Evidence speaks a great deal louder than money
depends on the producer of the evidence, i was too tired to read through more forum posts especially after you linked gizmodo as a reference.

Quote:
Amplifiers have also been ABXed.
uhh-huh...your point?

Quote:
It is not a machine that gauges what can and cannot be heard. In an ABX test, it is always a human that does the listening. To properly appreciate the effectiveness of an encode, an unbiased listen is always superior to a biased listen.
ive done the listening, I << myself can tell if the file has been vbr encoded, especially when the quality level has been lowered (which is a computer generating cuts based on a mathematical formula, not by some lil magic audio encoding elf judging each and every sound) generally because there is stepping which tends to provide jumps in sound compared to a smooth sound, especially when using certain eq effects such as bbe\mpe which amplify such issues, not so much a problem with no eq applied,,which is not my case.

and again, i dont use lowered quality levels or vbr so the advantages of filesize are irrelevant,,in my case the use of ogg mp3 in general is irrelevant and in the majority of my tracks i prefer to use flac, where quality is less of an issue i'm happy to use ogg but when using on my j3 i will not use vbr as it does not work well with certain effects.

i have a massive (too much to really remember a specific song and its format) library which i play randomly and with the screen off, i dont play one album ogg then one flac and sit trying to spot differences, when an ogg track is loaded i can recognise it almost instantly compared to the flacs.

Quote:

Quote:
WalkGood gave you good advice.
Quote:
In professional applications I could agree, but your talking about a short application with a j3 that most if not all in a double blind test can not tell the difference, so unless you ABX and clearly identify a difference it sure is placebo. Try to ABX with foobar2000, I think you’d be surprised.
im not using foobar im using a j3 to listen regularly, a j3 with bbe and other effects in place.
im telling you i can hear a difference, if not i'd be happy to use vbr on a regular basis.

Quote:
Someone reading this thread later might think that upgrading one’s wires might improve the sound quality. Someone reading this thread later might think that lossy files are a poor substitute for lossless files. We are not going to let that happen.
once again, please stick to my original question and stop hijacking the thread.

i asked for some simple amplifier advice not a god damn lecture on the in's and outs of the audio world, especially when your not using my system, you dont have my ears or perception of sound and your basing your facts on various dodgy websites like gizmodo rather than on your own well layed out experiments.
kindly stfu if you have nothing to offer and find some other post to try and earn yourself your boy scout badges.

to the admins or moderators..please can you clean up this post a lil as its getting ludicrous in relation to the title and tainted by the brown of this troll's nose.

Last edited by Enzyme; 11-18-2011 at 09:44 PM.