android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 AM

Default where to buy Meelectronic M31 phones in England

I'm really after getting some M31's, but finding a British store is a bit difficult..

Has anyone had any luck, or do you all get them from the American sites.
Or maybe direct from meelectronics?

I just prefer british shop in case of defective items

any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 AM

Mee does ship internationally, AFAIK they stand behind their products and even replaced one of mine for an issue I had with it. Their international shipping FAQ’s are here. BTW Not sure if my review on the M31s would help you or change your mind, but it’s there if it can help you

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 09-30-2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks for that. Having had problems with phones in the past I'm always considerate about their shipping and returns.

I have just read your great review, and now I am stumped.. loved the pros (bass & priice), but loathe the cons (sticky outy and wind noise-y)
maybe its back to the drawing board for me..

The M6's just weren't comfy for me, hippos VB sounded awesome but have broken YET again, hippos shroom lack depth and bass and dont stay in my ear. So now, I'll have to think again. bugger!

Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 AM

I would order direct from MEElec.com, but I would wait for them to go on sale. I would not pay full MSRP. Sign up for their newsletter or follow them on Twitter/Facebook to get their current promotions. For the record, the lowest I have ever seen the M31 is $15 on Mardi Gras.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuztardd View Post
... I have just read your great review, and now I am stumped.. loved the pros (bass & priice), but loathe the cons (sticky outy and wind noise-y)
maybe its back to the drawing board for me ...
Those two issues were why I gave my M31s to a friend as I'm active outdoors and wind is an issue for me, but he loves them. Regardless I will update that review after he's put a full year in with them. BTW aside from those two cons, I really enjoyed their fun sound ...

Without knowing why you picked the M31s, I'd like to suggest you check out their A151s, certainly not the bass of the M31s but I've yet to have either of those two issues with them and I use them all the time.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnhardwick View Post
... For the record, the lowest I have ever seen the M31 is $15 on Mardi Gras.
For that price the M31s are a great deal and certainly worth the purchase. I've also seen some great deals on the A151s lately posted in abi and I would say the same for them.

Edit 2: Here is the price another member found on the A151s

Last edited by WalkGood; 09-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Mee does ship internationally, AFAIK they stand behind their products and even replaced one of mine for an issue I had with it.
Unfortunately the M31 is not on sale this weekend. The M2, M6, and M9 get their turn, and are 30% off.
https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=140

Steve

Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Those two issues were why I gave my M31s to a friend as I'm active outdoors and wind is an issue for me, but he loves them. Regardless I will update that review after he's put a full year in with them. BTW aside from those two cons, I really enjoyed their fun sound ...

Without knowing why you picked the M31s, I'd like to suggest you check out their A151s, certainly not the bass of the M31s but I've yet to have either of those two issues with them and I use them all the time.

Edit:

For that price the M31s are a great deal and certainly worth the purchase. I've also seen some great deals on the A151s lately posted in abi and I would say the same for them.

Edit 2: Here is the price another member found on the A151s
There have been some good prices on the A151 lately, but have any of them been for the UK? I am not sure the US prices help the OP out much.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
There have been some good prices on the A151 lately, but have any of them been for the UK? I am not sure the US prices help the OP out much.
Well as long as they ship to the UK for low enough I don't see an issue.

Turn down the volume when playing music. Your ears will thank you.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:47 AM

Quote:
I've seen them on sale on MEEs own site, how couldn't that help, as mbamg stated.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 AM

I must have just missed that deal. I have not seen the <$50 prices from MEElec direct since shortly after their release. All the ones I have seen lately have been Newegg/Amazon/Buy.com/etc. I just assumed those places did not ship international. Bad assumption.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:01 AM

well after all that, I decided to go and get the Shure se215.

after Walkgoods review saying about the wind noise etc, I felt I needed to hunt harder for something that fitted my needs:
Great Bass, great isolation, over the ear, symmetrical cables, reduced microphonics, <32ohms, 2 year warranty, price, etc etc..

The A151's were an option but too many reviews said they were too clear and not for bass heads, and when you are listening to things like this: (linky) you need the bass.

and Im hoping that when the Shure's arrive they will tick my boxes because Im a right fussy bugger when it comes to ear phones.

thanks for the input though guys. as always, its been useful.
I'll try and do a review of the SE215's once I get them, as there is a distinct lack on this forum.

tata for now
Kuztardd

Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 AM

I will be curious to hear your impression of the SE215. That is one I was considering, but kind of came to the conclusion that the sound signature would not be my taste.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:00 PM

oh by the way. se215 sound lovely. really lovely. but yet again with my crazy ears im having problems getting the perfect fit for that perfect isolation
as for sound.. BASS, but nicely so, and great sound.. long chord too, but i seem to still be looking around for something else. but mainly to do with the fit in one of my ears which is always problematic. humph!

Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuztardd View Post
oh by the way. se215 sound lovely. really lovely. but yet again with my crazy ears im having problems getting the perfect fit for that perfect isolation
as for sound.. BASS, but nicely so, and great sound.. long chord too, but i seem to still be looking around for something else. but mainly to do with the fit in one of my ears which is always problematic. humph!
I know what you mean. I noticed a classmate had a pair of SE215 and he let me try them. The shells were way to large for my ears making the fit less than comfortable. So I marked Shure off my list of future purchases. Nothing wrong with the sound though.

It seems like the MEElectronics A151 might have a similar sound signature.

Old 12-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Ultra Senior Member

If anybody is following this thread and cares...Meelectronics has everything 35% off this weekend.

https://www.meelec.com/Articles.asp?ID=140

Steve

Old 12-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I am picky about fit too and recently picked up a pair of soundmagic e10s and love them. easy fit, good sound. I also had some audio technica ckm99s and really loved those. super easy fit too.

Old 12-03-2011, 10:50 AM

Just as a little side note in relation to the original topic other brits might want to know where to get meelectronics headphones in future, Amazon, Advanced Headphones, and Play.com all stock a selection and have fairly good returns policies, amazon being the only stockists I've seen with the M31 and the best returns policy but the prices do wobble up and down by pretty silly margins at times

Stuff: Nokia Lumia 800, Sansa Clip+ 8gb+32gb card, Zune 30, Sony MDR EX35, Radiopaq Pop/Rock/Jazz, Phonak Audéo PFE 012, Panasonic RP-HTx7