android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2011, 07:56 PM

Default Clip Zip or Clip Plus

I'm looking for an mp3 player to motivate me to exercise and I've been looking at the Sansa Clip plus and Clip Zip.

I'm an inactive person and haven't exercised for awhile. My exercise program will limited to increasingly long walks. I used to listen to audio books on a CD player but I want something that's more convenient and won't suffer from disk problems. I plan to listen mainly to audio books but I'd also be interested in music, podcasts and FM radio. I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

First, it seems difficult to find a Clip Zip to purchase. Amazon seems to have pulled it off the website and it's not present at any of my local stores (Best Buy, Radio Shack, Target, etc). Is there any particular reason for this? Is there something wrong with the Clip Zip? At some point is it going to become widely available in the US?

Second, if I can't buy the Clip Zip, will the Clip Plus meet my needs? They don't seem to be all that different, functionally.

Third, I understand that the Clip Zip can play some files from Itunes. Can the Clip Plus play these files?

Fourth, I've heard some negative things about the clip breaking off the Clip Plus. Is the clip better on the Clip Zip?

Thanks for your help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]