android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > SanDisk Sansa > Sansa Fuze

Old 09-23-2011, 03:52 PM

Default 16gb Sandisk Micro won't display or play all the music

Bought the 16gb Sandisk micro at Radio Shack on sale. Can see on my laptop that I have filled it just short of capacity but it seems limited with the 8gb Fuze player of playing only 4885 songs and it looks like the most recent .wma files loaded are the ones not playing.
I saw that I can dump the FM Radio which I would be happy to do and just about anything else that isn't the music player but what will help me to be able to play all the music I loaded.
Help.
Cas

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-25-2011, 11:39 AM

Actually, when I tried to delete the FM Player I found out that there is no firmware to do so for the Fuze v2.
But I still need help with the 16 gb micro hd.
Is there no one who will help me?
Please.
Cas

Old 09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Someone might be able to help if you provide enough information. We have no idea how the other files were loaded, whether the player is Autodetect, MSC or MTP. The folder structure may be complex to the point where you've exceeded the 8000 file database limit. We can't see what's going on so there's no way to help. The more information you provide the more likely it is that someone can help.

It's best to load all you files in either MSC or MTP not Autodetect. I would try taking everything off, changing the USB mode to one or the other and reloading. There is a 8000 file limit the database can display. If you have more files than that it won't display everything. The folder structure plays into that so I would keep the folder structure a simple as possible. Artist\Album\track number - title works well for me.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Thanks much Skip for responding.
The player is MSC. The files were loaded from CDs through Windows Media Player to Windows Explorer into the micro disc. The folders are the artist and album folders created by WMP and the files or songs number 4885 according to the player, nowhere near the 8000 file limit you mentioned. I have no other content: no vids, no podcasts, no audiobooks and I am happy to use the player only to listen to the .wma files and a handful of mp3's
Hope this helps you to help me, Skip

Old 09-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Do you have embedded album art? Some people mentioned hitting a file limit of only around 4,500 or so files when they had album art embedded in the tags. Album art doesn't need to be embedded in the tags. Use a good tag editor like mp3Tag to sort this out.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:55 PM

I do and I didn't think these took up much space.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM

So I tried a test. Consolidated some tracks in fewer folders and removed a bunch of folders entirely including some album art and when I fired up the Fuze the number of tracks was still 4885.
Does this make sense?
Cas

Old 09-27-2011, 03:07 PM
Ultra Senior Member

it doesn't make sense. originally the Fuze supported just 4,000 songs, however I seem to remember the switch to 8,000 songs occured before v2 came out, so all firmware versions of the v2 Fuze should support 8,000 songs. which firmware does your player have?

You could try making a copy of the music you put on the card to a separate place on your pc, stripping out all the imbedded album art(easy to do with mp3Tag) then filling the card with it and see what happens.

How many songs are on the card? Did you strip out all the comment fields and try to have the tags as short as possible? Are you sure some of the music wasn't put in the audiobooks or podcasts folders on the player?

Which tags do your songs have? Perhaps extra tags are the problem?

Last edited by JK98; 09-27-2011 at 03:53 PM.