android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2011, 03:05 PM

Thumb Up Closed up to 150€ Headphone (and music !) reccomendation

Hi everyone,
As a regular on this forum (What? I'm on it every other day !), I thought it might be a good idea to get a pair of closed cans. My budget goes up to about 150€, but the TMA-1 is still a possibility, even though I'm not sure it's the right one for me. I own a pain of Sennheiser CX880s (IEMs), and the open Sennheiser 218s.

So, on to what I would like.. I'd like very good isolation and build quality, using it mostly in the bus, being kept in a bag with books, and then static use at home. I'd prefer the sound to be fun, and for there to be a good PRaT. A nice punchy bass, a reasonable soundstage, and good instrument differenciation would be ideal, and so would good clarity.
I listen mostly to... Everything ? Rock, punk and metal (Disturbed, the Clash, Calavera Conspiracy and Faith no More..) are often playing on my J3, but so is pop (the Smiths, Bombay Bicycle Club, Mogwai...), Electro (Justice, The Bloody Beetroots, the chemical brothers, B-Complex, Flying Lotus..), little snippets of rap (Cypress Hill, House of Pain, Downset). (none more than the others).

I was thinking of the Senn HD25-II, AGK K181DJ, Shure SRH-750DJ, Shure SRH-840, Audio Technica M-50, and am willing to take a look at others. Unfortunately, there's only one chain of stores (Fnac) where I live where you can listen to headphones, and tere's a limited range. There are beats, a broken koss portapro and urbanears

Also, if anyone has any musical recommendations that would be great :3

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tags
closed headphones, reccomendation, sennheiser, shure